Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea City FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

• 10-01-2013 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

yes , ive only started supporting swansea since they have came up in the world.
    yes , i suppose you could call be a bandwagon fan.
    Neverthless, swansea are class , let the talks begin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

i never really got the whole swansea thing until i seen a passing move they did against arsenal(ended up with rangel coming up from right back and having two shots saved). is this a common thing for them? last year i felt they were overrated. keeping the ball somehow meant they were the english leagues version of Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

EdenHazard wrote: »
    i never really got the whole swansea thing until i seen a passing move they did against arsenal(ended up with rangel coming up from right back and having two shots saved). is this a common thing for them? last year i felt they were overrated. keeping the ball somehow meant they were the english leagues version of Barcelona.

Apparently they learned how to play football over the summer.

Handy they were in the premier league when they got the Coerver Dvds (afaik its the box set they got).

As usual they making a movie about it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Because of Lee Trundle constantly popping up on Soccer AM with his silky skills, I became aware of Swansea in 2005-ish, when they had the likes of Kevin Nugent, Andy Robinson, and of course Roberto Martinez in midfield:D

They always became the first team I picked to manage in Football Manager because of Trundle; build the team around him and I shot up the leagues! In 3 versions of the games (06, 07 and 08 maybe) I signed a player, and then the next summer, the real life Swansea signed that player! (Of the top of my head I think it was Darren Way, Jason Scotland and Cedric Van Der Gun) So start FM13 with Utd and sign some midfielders....

Was delighted to see them do so well and then get to the Premiership, and playing some great football too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Been a Swansea fan since '04.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

lads (and ladies) - predictions for tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Another Belgian coming to England (or Wales as the case may be) I don't know anything about him; is he any good? I suppose they need some to cover for Taylor until his ankle heals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He's not a fullback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Because of Lee Trundle constantly popping up on Soccer AM with his silky skills, I became aware of Swansea in 2005-ish, when they had the likes of Kevin Nugent, Andy Robinson, and of course Roberto Martinez in midfield:D

They always became the first team I picked to manage in Football Manager because of Trundle; build the team around him and I shot up the leagues! In 3 versions of the games (06, 07 and 08 maybe) I signed a player, and then the next summer, the real life Swansea signed that player! (Of the top of my head I think it was Darren Way, Jason Scotland and Cedric Van Der Gun) So start FM13 with Utd and sign some midfielders....

Was delighted to see them do so well and then get to the Premiership, and playing some great football too!

Seeing this every week did it for me

Used to play every Fifa and FM I had with Swansea. The progress they've made since then is mental.
    Even with Martinez in the championship they were playing great football. I was surprised Rodgers came in and kicked it up a notch.

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Another Belgian coming to England (or Wales as the case may be) I don't know anything about him; is he any good? I suppose they need some to cover for Taylor until his ankle heals.

He's a winger who can play on either flank according to report. Tiendalli was signed to cover Taylor but Ben Davis has emerged as the regular starting left back.

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    He's not a fullback?

Yes apologies. Thought I read that Lamah was a full back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Michu has signed a new contract already with ye, probably added a big enough release clause should someone inevitably come knocking on the door?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Advertisement