Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do after BSc Multimedia?

Options
  • 10-01-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I finished my Multimedia degree a few years ago, and I'm at a bit of a loss deciding what to do next!

I suppose the logical progression is a Multimedia MSc, but are the job prospects for that any good? I'd probably need to choose one which focusses on programming, which wouldn't be my favourite area.

Are there any other postgraduate fields a Multimedia degree would allow you to enter? I know they want the degree to relate to the masters you're applying to, but is there any way to find out what my options are?

I've been looking at conversion courses, but I wouldn't like to work in IT, I didn't get a high enough Irish grade to do Teaching, Medicine is too long and expensive, and Law wouldn't be my cup of tea.

If anyone has done the Interactive Digital Media - TCD or Creative Digital Media - DIT, I'd love to hear what you thought!

I've been looking at Science Communication in DCU and Medical Device Design in NCAD, but I'd imagine they're more geared towards Science students rather than Design students..

It really feels like Multimedia has given me extremely limited options, help!

Advertisement