Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: getting drink driving issue cleared up

Options
  • 10-01-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, looking to hopefully put this one to bed once and for all.

I have seen a lot of threads and posts on here on the issue and have also read all the info on the Canadian embassy sites so know the craic about deemed rehab/applying for rehab etc.

What I would like to know is:

Does anyone on here know of ANYONE(who knows anyone who know anyone...) who applied for the IEC, submitted a Garda cert that included a conviction for drink driving and was actually granted a permit and allowed to enter Canada when they arrived at port of entry???????

Any stories, info, advice etc. on how they went about it or anything would be very much appreciated. Seems to be a big grey area around this. Or maybe it's black and white and I'm just stupid!! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Marty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

Bump....I really want to find this out too. Once and for all somebody who got their visa with this record on their garda clearnance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartyLK

**Reposting this***
    Hi, looking to hopefully put this one to bed once and for all.

I have seen a lot of threads and posts on here on the issue and have also read all the info on the Canadian embassy sites so know the craic about deemed rehab/applying for rehab etc.

What I would like to know is:

Does anyone on here know of ANYONE(who knows anyone who know anyone...) who applied for the IEC, submitted a Garda cert that included a conviction for drink driving and was actually granted a permit and allowed to enter Canada when they arrived at port of entry???????

Any stories, info, advice etc. on how they went about it or anything would be very much appreciated. Seems to be a big grey area around this. Or maybe it's black and white and I'm just stupid!! rolleyes.png

Cheers,

Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

According to an Immigration guy over here in Canada, since drink driving is a criminal conviction you must have had enough time after you were caught to 'serve time' for getting caught, and then a few more years to show you haven't done it again..... he put it a bit more professionally than that.

Basically if you have a drink driving conviction in the last 8 years, you will be very lucky to get a visa.

Advertisement