Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise on where to go with a dodgy knee

Options
  • 10-01-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

HI just wondering if anyone there has had a dodgy knee? All around me knee is a bit shagged from doin a couple of half marathons so can only do a small amount of running. Not knowing what it is, is an xray the usual option to go for.(tried changing runners) Only its 60e for the doc to get the referral, 120e for the xry and back to the doc another 60 for the answers......sting! Anywhere else ya could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jockcass

deisecelt wrote: »
    HI just wondering if anyone there has had a dodgy knee? All around me knee is a bit shagged from doin a couple of half marathons so can only do a small amount of running. Not knowing what it is, is an xray the usual option to go for.(tried changing runners) Only its 60e for the doc to get the referral, 120e for the xry and back to the doc another 60 for the answers......sting! Anywhere else ya could try?

Have you any health insurance ?

Just had an MRI with Euromedics - gives much better picture than x ray . Needed referral from Dr but scan was free with LAYA insurance and available at a time to suit me within. 2 days.

Dr had results next day and rang me ( torn cartilage which can't be properly seen on X ray ).

If I have no success with exercise regime and anti inflammatories I may consider surgery but at least I k ow full story after 1 GP consult ( I have a very good Dr ...).

Advertisement