Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to put this?...

Options
  • 10-01-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

"The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten. Rather, they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration, to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable."

The above is a quote I have come across and it really means a lot to me. I have no other tattoos but this is the first thing I have ever come across that I would consider getting inked for.

The problem however is where to get this done-where on the body? If it is really long does it look messy or dragged out? Complete novice when it comes to stuff like this so any help or advice is most welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Nice quote. Really you can get it anywhere. Arms, legs, chest, stomach, back.. If you have a job/intend to have a job where visible tattoos may be frowned upon, obviously you'll want to put it somewhere you can cover it with ease.

There's no worries about messiness and stretching as long as you go to a reputable artist. Obviously you wont want it too big or too small, but that's something you'll decide with your artist, along with colours, font and all. For now check out sites like tumblr, pinterest etc for script, letting, quotes tattoos and see what style you like most.

They'll get you to pick what type of typeface to use, what size, everything and if you have no idea, any artist will put something together for you and help you pick out where it'll best fit on your body. Best bet is to go to your artist of choice or any studio you want and have a chat. I see you're in Donegal so I can't advise anyone that far out from Dublin as I've no experience, but I'm sure someone else here can! Unless you're willing to travel that is. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

As the other poster said, once you have the right font size/style, that could work on any body part that you want it on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    As the other poster said, once you have the right font size/style, that could work on any body part that you want it on. :)

i love script tattoos on the ribs, dunno why, have yet to get one yet:(

its a sore one tho........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ladjacket wrote: »
    "The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten. Rather, they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration, to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable."

The above is a quote I have come across and it really means a lot to me. I have no other tattoos but this is the first thing I have ever come across that I would consider getting inked for.

The problem however is where to get this done-where on the body? If it is really long does it look messy or dragged out? Complete novice when it comes to stuff like this so any help or advice is most welcome!

As others have said op you could put that anywhere you want on your body really, as long your happy with font and placement, but just a suggestion for you to ponder say instead of putting that as script tattoo maybe go to an artist with the script and try work it into images that represent the quote? I done it with a quote that I loved and over the coarse of a few weeks with the artist worked it into a tattoo with different images and I couldnt be happier with the results plus it can make for a very unique tattoo.

Advertisement