Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for runners

Options
  • 10-01-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi, I had a very thorough biomechanical examination today by an excellent physio. She has made some orthotics for me and recommended that they be inserted in a Neutral Shoe with depth, shock absorbtion cushioning and preferably some gel sole structure.

Does anyone have any recommendations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LloydChristmas

Best to get yourself to a dedicated running store and try on a few pairs and pick what you feel fits best and most comfortable in.

Some recommendations for Neutral shoes that are most popular are: Nike Pegasus, Vomero, Asics GT 2170, Brooks Ghost or Glycerin, adidas Supernova Glide etc

Try them all on and check what you think is best. The Nike ones above dont use a gel cushioning system but instead use foam which is very soft and pillowy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Best to get yourself to a dedicated running store and try on a few pairs and pick what you feel fits best and most comfortable in.

Some recommendations for Neutral shoes that are most popular are: Nike Pegasus, Vomero, Asics GT 2170, Brooks Ghost or Glycerin, adidas Supernova Glide etc

Try them all on and check what you think is best. The Nike ones above dont use a gel cushioning system but instead use foam which is very soft and pillowy.

The asics 2170 is not a neutral shoe, its a support shoe. No idea of the other shoes listed as have never owned or considered them.
    AKW should be along to confirm above list or suggest alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

Its ok folks, I just bought a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus so happy enough.

Advertisement