Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for 30th Birthday for 60 people

Options
  • 10-01-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I live in Dublin (but am from Cork) & haven't been out in Cork for a number of years now. I am however looking to have my 30th in a bar in the city centre & am looking for recommendations from anyone that can help.

Here's what i'm hoping to find:
    A nice bar with a nice crowd where I can reserve a sufficiently large area for approximately 60 people, or if the bar has it, a completly seperate room/floor. I want a place that can provide finger-food and that will have music - either piped from the main bar, or that would help book/allow for, a DJ of my own.

I was hoping to book the boardwalk but unfortunately they're already booked. People have also mentioned Electric to me, but I think it's far too small for my numbers. The roundy don't do food at all which rules that out and Soho i've heard doesn't have a great crowd - don't know how true that is.:confused: The woodford only caters for 50 or so people too.

Has anyone been to The Oliver Plunkett (the former Scotts)? What's that place like now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Upstairs in Counihans maybe?

Oliver Plunkett is a good spot now. Upstairs there might be suitable too if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Upstairs in the Roundy. Was at my friends 30th there and it sounds ideal for what you want - perfect size and you can bring your own Dj in too. It's free as well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

any gaa club

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Soho is city center, and has a top floor area especially for this size party, i was there for a cousins 40th and it was perfect size, with loads of finger food etc provided and its own small bar in the area.

http://www.soho.ie/levelThree.php

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

The flying enterprise can fit over 200 in there back bar,
    They do BBQ's aswell.
    Might not be central enough for you though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Upstairs in Counihans maybe?

Oliver Plunkett is a good spot now. Upstairs there might be suitable too if you can get it.

I second Counihans, great spot for a private party.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Hylus83

Thanks folks, will give counihans a call. Had been at a party there a few years ago & had forgotten about it as a potential venue! Hopefully it will be available!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The back of the new Porterhouse can manage parties. It's a big enough space and I've seen people bring in karaoke and DJs there. It's attached to The Woolshed so there's no problem with food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Clancys isnt too bad, kind of a nice enough crowd, although i havent been out in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Upstairs in the Roundy, you can order in food from Wagamamma's (they deliver big platters to there) and it's a perfect venue then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Upstairs in the Ovens bar.

As mentioned upstairs in Scotts/The Oliver Plunkett, the manager is sound and will take care of ye well.

The Mardyke is always a good spot for a party.

Most of these are early closing, as will most party venues (aside from SoHo at weekends) so maybe reserve a Wing in the Savoy for after?

Overall from the sound of your situation the Red Room in SoHo is likely your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Hylus83

Overall from the sound of your situation the Red Room in SoHo is likely your best option.

Thanks. Have booked the VIP room on the 3rd floor of SoHo in the end. Private room up to 100 people, private smoking area, private bar & dedicated toilets for that level. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Redmonds?

Advertisement