Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need some gear

• 10-01-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

just getin into the sport i need some gloves and pads where is the best place to get some or even better if people are selling stuff second hand that would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

First and foremost I'd suggest you ask your coach.

He'll know what works and lasts the pace, and will [mostly] be cheaper than a shop.

For MMA gear I wouldn't suggest buying second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

First and foremost I'd suggest you ask your coach.

He'll know what works and lasts the pace, and will [mostly] be cheaper than a shop.

For MMA gear I wouldn't suggest buying second hand.

after looking into and having a talk with some mma fighters they basically suggested the same thing...thanks makikomi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

once you know what you want have a look on amazon you'll save a bit for yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I get gloves for 30 euro without any delivery costs snf lads can try them on, shin pads similar price, no way going to amazon is better than that-especially if the gear you get is not right.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

cowzerp wrote: »
    I get gloves for 30 euro without any delivery costs snf lads can try them on, shin pads similar price, no way going to amazon is better than that-especially if the gear you get is not right.[/QUOTE
    ill see you soon then cowser for those gloves :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Go with Cowzerp but if you don't, RDX do decent gloves and pads at a reasonable price. I do think that investing in a pair of good gloves is worth it - I went through a few pairs until I got a pair of Sandee and wouldn't go back.

Advertisement