Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Is it Grange Castle or Castle that are hosting Jnr Cup qualifying? GUI website has it as Castle celebrating Centenary hosting JC qualifying but the draw has Grange Castle.

I would be confident that it is Grange Castle that is hosting the qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Anyone play Muskerry Ford Junior Scratch Cup today? I assume it wasn't a qualifying competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭big_drive

Reganovski wrote: »
    Anyone play Muskerry Ford Junior Scratch Cup today? I assume it wasn't a qualifying competition?

I was wondering the same myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

I didn't play, but why would you assume it wasn't?.

Tralee JSC on the 6th of April.

• Advertisement

Daithio12 wrote: »

Considering the rain that fell it the area yesterday. Added to the fact that the course was already meant to be quite soft at present

big_drive wrote: »
    Considering the rain that fell it the area yesterday. Added to the fact that the course was already meant to be quite soft at present
    Yes fair enough, but that in of itself would not be enough to make it non qualifying.
    Edit to say as far as I'm aware it's only NQ if there is placing everywhere, you can have lift, clean and place on the fairways and drop a plugged ball only in the rough and still be qualifying.

Daithio12 wrote: »
    Because its normally a wet course. My home course which is a dry course has placing everywhere today. But we all know what happens when you assume.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

Yep - you're right Regan - course was sodden, placing everywhere - 17 & 18 out of play. Balls plugging in rough & bunkers very dodgy. Hard to know what the qualifying score will be this year.

Played muskerry today. Had a 78
    Not sure will it be enough to get in, placing everywhere so would expect a low cut

• Advertisement

Not sure will it be enough to get in, placing everywhere so would expect a low cut

You're right bd, only two 77's got in on Saturday and two 78's from Friday. 4 shots between best qualifier and being cut on Friday. 71 best score for the weekend. Thought it would be lower, but I guess it was playing pretty long.

Corkblowin wrote: »
    You're right bd, only two 77's got in on Saturday and two 78's from Friday. 4 shots between best qualifier and being cut on Friday. 71 best score for the weekend. Thought it would be lower, but I guess it was playing pretty long.

Went the other way , the 77's were the Friday and the 78's on the Saturday

Best score Friday a 71 and best on Saturday a 73

21 of the 64 qualifiers from the home club. A great competition , would love to see another later in the year at a different venue

Went the other way , the 77's were the Friday and the 78's on the Saturday

Best score Friday a 71 and best on Saturday a 73

21 of the 64 qualifiers from the home club. A great competition , would love to see another later in the year at a different venue

This is why I need someone to mark my card - but its stupidity rather than dyslexia!!

Cork Golf Club Junior Scratch Cup timesheet up and running. 14th July :)

Since when is placing everywhere qualifying??
    Just looked at my golfnet and I can see 0.1 on the way!! It says it was qualifying!

Probably due to my NR :(

That's odd. As far as I'm aware it can't have been qualifying. I'm on phone here , can't access golf net but will check in morning in work

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Maclock

For those who are interested, the draw for Muskerry Senior scratch cup.
    www.muskerrygolfclub.ie/uploaded/draw%20sheet.pdf[/url]

The weekend of May 18th & 19th could be a good one for anyone playing Junior Scratch Cups.

Tralee Junior Scratch Cup on Saturday 18th May (Timesheet open 29th April)

Ballybunion Junior Scratch Cup on Sunday 19th May (Timesheet open 10th May)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

@ Reganovski where do you find all this info? Literally checking every club's websites? I don't see all that much on the GUI website:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

The weekend of May 18th & 19th could be a good one for anyone playing Junior Scratch Cups.

Thought the Tralee junior scratch is on the 6th of April? Least that what they did have on the Gui website, now they have nothing down for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

dvemail wrote: »
    Thought the Tralee junior scratch is on the 6th of April? Least that what they did have on the Gui website, now they have nothing down for it.

It was but the work being done on the 10th won't be fully completed until after the 6th April so it has been rescheduled. Got an email from them today about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Ballybunion JSC is on the Cashen Course this year. A shame because it was on the Old course last year. May or may not put people off. Tralee is meant to be spectacular but have yet to play it. Someday...

Ballybunion JSC is on the Cashen Course this year. A shame because it was on the Old course last year. May or may not put people off. Tralee is meant to be spectacular but have yet to play it. Someday...

Ya, it's on the Cashen. The intermediate is on the Old Course on the 14th April I think.

And yes, Tralee is spectacular, Class course. Tralee Junior is for 5-11 handicaps with no drop down. Was originally going to be 5-10.

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    @ Reganovski where do you find all this info? Literally checking every club's websites? I don't see all that much on the GUI website:confused:

Got emails from both clubs today in relation to both.
    Won't be able to play in the Tralee one but hopefully will get to Ballybunion.

Got emails from both clubs today in relation to both.
    Won't be able to play in the Tralee one but hopefully will get to Ballybunion.

What are you playing off at the moment?

denisoc16 wrote: »
    What are you playing off at the moment?

Oh right. Just that I'm 10.7 so can play the Tralee junior scratch(5-11) but not the intermediate. But I can play the Ballybunion intermediate (11-18).

I wish they would standardise the ranges for these because when you are on the bubble it's messy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

last year I was glad they didnt. I got into a few junior scratches playing off 4.. I think the standard is 5-9 or 5-10 for most places

Maclock wrote: »
    For those who are interested, the draw for Muskerry Senior scratch cup.
    www.muskerrygolfclub.ie/uploaded/draw%20sheet.pdf[/url]

Any idea who won in muskerry today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Maclock

When i left there, Kieran McCarthy was leading on 2 under (better afternoon 18). I'm nearly 100% sure that he ended up winning it. I know that a 1 under score came 3rd and there was a second 2 under in also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement