Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch Cups 2013

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Anyone know for sure if Knightsbrook on Sunday is 18 or 36?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

http://www.topgolfer.ie/events/event/knightsbrook-ssc/

36 in narrative, 18 at top. Confusing alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

AGC wrote: »
    Anyone know for sure if Knightsbrook on Sunday is 18 or 36?

its always been 36 in the past

mag wrote: »
    its always been 36 in the past

Yeah and has been getting better each year.

Sqw on Facebook the TopGolfer lads saying they believe it is 18 so must be down to the club. Ill give them a bell

Just phoned. It's 18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

course in great nick....enjoy the day!

Just phoned. It's 18

wierd... society booked or somesuch....

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Maclock

Hi lads. Senior Scratch Cup this Sunday 16th in Lee Valley. 36 hole shotgun start with soup and sandwiches in between rounds and dinner after for €50.
    Handicaps of 4 and under. The course is genuinely in fantastic condition and there's still some places left.
    The most IMPORTANT thing, there's serious prizes :-).
    The golf club number is 021-7331721.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

Maclock wrote: »
    Hi lads. Senior Scratch Cup this Sunday 16th in Lee Valley. 36 hole shotgun start with soup and sandwiches in between rounds and dinner after for €50.
    Handicaps of 4 and under. The course is genuinely in fantastic condition and there's still some places left.
    The most IMPORTANT thing, there's serious prizes :-).
    The golf club number is 7331721.

€50?????? Madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

shabalala wrote: »
    €50?????? Madness
    It must be some form of madness..... when you can't recognise good value!.
    I'm not playing (because I'm not good enough) but €50 for 2 rounds of golf and lunch and dinner seems like savage value to me, but horses for courses I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Maclock

shabalala wrote: »
    €50?????? Madness

I take it that you're not taking a spin down from up your direction to play so??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Just a heads up that the Carlow JSC for Sun 30th Jun is open for booking through the office, 36 hole event for €30 and like last year they were confident lunch would be included again this year. Great value and possibly the best JSC of the year on a cracking course (now if only I could tidy up my game to match).
    Draw I think takes place on the Thurs before hand so no harm in getting your name down early as it is quite popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Was hoping to tip down for that one, but Senior Cup Qualifiers for Connacht are on the same weekend, so going to have to give it a skip.

Instead... I am hoping to get up to Athenry for the Junior Scratch on the 7th of July. 36 holes for 20€. Great value! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Junior,Intermediate and Minor Scratch Cups on in Greystones G.C Sun 23rd June.
    €15.50 entry fee.

Have never played Greystones and it's only minutes away so am looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

derra wrote: »
    Junior,Intermediate and Minor Scratch Cups on in Greystones G.C Sun 23rd June.
    €15.50 entry fee.

Have never played Greystones and it's only minutes away so am looking forward to this.
    Cheers,its one of my fav courses,gonna book it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gokster

Hi there,

Anyone play in the ISC in Mount Wolseley last Sunday if so do they know what the CSS was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

gokster wrote: »
    Hi there,

Anyone play in the ISC in Mount Wolseley last Sunday if so do they know what the CSS was?

Club Directory > MOUNT WOLSELEY GOLF CLUB > Competition Results > Intermediate Scratch Cup > 16/06/2013 > CSS:74 > PAR:72 > Division 1

3 Visitors in the top 3

84 - 20 = 64 AWAY
    78 - 11 = 67 AWAY Lowest Gross
    86 - 18 = 68 AWAY

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gokster

thanks....needed a 4 at last for nett 67.....took 8:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Just signed up for the junior scratch at the grange, anyone do any of the top golfer events ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

levitronix wrote: »
    Just signed up for the junior scratch at the grange, anyone do any of the top golfer events ?

Thanks, didn't know that timesheet was open already. Pity it's on a Fri and on the pricey end of the scale for 18 holes but going to try taking a half day and playing this as have only played the course once before a number of years ago and they don't often have open competitions.
    Tough enough to stay on top of upcoming scratch cups with the different dates involved and some timesheets open weeks in advance and often sold out.

Have played a few of the Top Golfer events this year (Castle, Delgany and Beaverstown) and they're nicely run events. Everything very smooth with tee times and sign on. They add an element of a tour style format to the club's scratch cup with advertising banners and a selection of accessories on sign up including Nature Valley bars, water, tees & pencils. The main addition however is an Order of Merit table based on performances with the leaderboard going into a playoff at the end of the year. You have however to sign up to this OOM which costs €40 so unless you plan on playing a lot of the Top Golfer events or featuring near the top of the leaderboard it's a considerably extra cost to consider.
    My one gripe with the Top Golfer events are the prizes (not that I've come near to threatening any). As scratch cups go the range and quality of prizes are quite poor. They appear to be mostly sponsored and with packed time sheets the club themselves don't appear to put anything up towards them which is a bail out given the extra numbers Top Golfer bring in.

• Advertisement

looks like callaway have pulled back on prizes for tg - last few yrs have been a razr fit driver for 1st, this yr its a putter, 1/3 of the value.
    personally i think the lads run it well and it cant be an easy time to be pulling in sponsors, etc...

if the grange is 4-9 ill play or if im back out to 5

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

Just a reminder for anyone interested. Malahide Scratch Cups 7th July
    Malahide Golf Club Junior and Intermediate Scratch Cups on the 7th July.
    See poster attached.
    Booking through the website.

Just a reminder for anyone interested. Malahide Scratch Cups 7th July

When is the Senior Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

When is the Senior Paul?

No Senior Scratch Cup this year. Only time we tried to run it, it was poorly supported. Also, this is the only date available in the calendar and the North starts on the 8th so again getting the numbers may have been an issue.
    the intermediate and Juniors were well supported last year albeit only 18 holes. I'd be hopeful of a full timesheet in both again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Timesheet open for Junior & Intermediate Scratch Cup on 20th July at Killarney Golf and Fishing Club (Killeen Course).

You can book on www.webgolf.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Cheers Reganovski.

Just booked it now. I heard Killeen is improving a lot recently after all the upheavel there. I played there about 2 months ago and it was shabby enough. So it should be in top shape in 2 or 3 weeks

Also rules me out of the Boards outing to the Heritage unfortunately:(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

Hi,

For anyone who may be interested. St. Anne's GC in Dublin is hosting a Senior Scratch cup on Friday 11th August. 36 hole with a morning and afternoon shotgun start. Entry €50 with first prize of €750 and overall pot of €3,000. Details on stanneslinksgolf.com. It's also affiliated to the Top Golfer Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just 10 years ago?!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭paulos53

Great to read back on old threads like this.

• 36 hole scratch cups priced at €20 to €30 euro including lunch.
    • €15.50 to play Greystones. I can just imagine a big committee discussion over raising the entry fee by 50 cent. 😆
    • Posters giving out about 18 hole scratch cups charging 35+ euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Barnseire

Oops - thanks for that. Obviously meant to post to the 2023 thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement