Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone mistakes leading to Intrum letter

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Sidetracker

For anyone who gets a Financial demand from "Intrum Justica", ignore it. If they continue to threaten you, ignore it. Keep all of your letters. If you reply to them you acknowledge them. If they send anyone to your home, get the persons name, who sent them and,if possible, their car reg. You then inform them that you are going to report them to the Gardai, under "The non fatal offences against the person Act". I have had experience of this company. They are bullies, but DONT engage with them. Keep your battle between you and your contractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Well this was never resolved. I emailed and wrote to Vodafone with the below quote. They never responded. They passed it on again to Intrum who got back to me saying that "
    Please accept our apology for not getting back to you soon.
    Credits have been applied on your account and can conform your balance is €262.53. however there is a charge of 75.93 relating in the account being passed over to Intrum. Your outstanding balance €338.46."

I refused to enter in to communication with Intrum as I have no contract with them. Anway, I'll continue below the quote.
    Dear Sir/Madam

Reference: Former Contract issues - customer number

I am writing to you regarding an ongoing issue I have had with Vodafone throughout my contract, and currently as a third party have sent me a letter requesting payment of an incorrect sum relating to a bill due last July '12.

As per my contract, I had a free add-on of '5 free numbers to call and text' which were not to affect my normal billing. In April/May 2011 I changed these numbers on the vodafone.ie website, but a technical error led to this not being processed correctly. On 02/06/2011 I contacted Vodafone support via the boards.ie website, and had communication with representatives of Vodafone through both the forum and private messages. I have enclosed a copy of the boards.ie forum thread for your consideration. As can be seen in the thread, over the course of the rest of my contract I was being charged the wrong amount monthly because of an error on Vodafone's part. The resulting action for Vodafone to correct it was to reset my charges to €69.99 per month (€59.99 rental + €10 insurance), and credit any amount above this. I continually had to contact vodafone to try have this resolved as there was no permanent solution offered.

In July/August 2012 I received a bill for over €500, a figure I again disputed and that was to be recalculated for me. It had never been recalculated. I moved providers and undertook a phone call with a Vodafone representative detailing that I would like a full and correct final statement of amount due, but never received this.

On the 09/01/2013 I received a letter from a company named Intrum Justicia detailing that "our client VODAFONE has requested that we communicate their intention to collect the full outstanding balance" which is stated to be €582.10. I have no dealings with Intrum Justicia and my contract was with Vodafone, and thus I will not entertain communication from them on this matter.

On receipt of this letter I contacted Vodafone again via the boards.ie website, speaking to a customer service representative called Colm. I told Colm that I disputed the final outstanding balance and he replied to say that the account wasn't credited and he had now done so.

It looks like the credits for the June and July bills weren't applied for this but I have got them put on this morning. That was a credit of €243.64 including VAT.
    There is now €378.40 owing on the account - these are from bills for April, May, June and July.

Firstly, this quashes the original figure of €582.10 that was stated as an outstanding balance from Intrum on behalf of Vodafone.
    Secondly, I dispute this amount. The bills being discussed as unpaid are April, May, June and July, 4 months in total. As per the original agreement, anything above the €69.99 (€59.99 rental + €10 insurance) would be credited to the account. Thus, my calculations for the correct amount owed are €279.96. I therefore do not understand Vodafone's calculation of a new outstanding balance on the account of €378.40 and would like a full and proven answer if it is to be contradictory to the €279.96.

I therefore would request that Vodafone accept my offer of paying the full outstanding balance by my understanding of €279.96 within a reasonable time period, or provide me with a full breakdown of any figure that they suggest to be the final outstanding balance.

I have enclosed all documentation relating to the matter, including a full print out of the forum topic on the boards.ie website, private messages with Vodafone representatives on the boards.ie website, and email communication with a Vodafone representative.

If I do not receive communication via post from Vodafone within 14 days of receipt of this letter, or if Vodafone refer me back to Intrum again (with whom I have no relationship), I will consider this matter closed and would not wish to hear from Vodafone or Intrum Justicia acting on behalf of Vodafone again.

Yours faithfully

Intrum never pursued it further with me and I have heard nothing since February. My mother received a phone call and letter to my former address this week from CMOS (Credit management outsource solutions - http://www.cmos.ie/) saying that the account has been referred to them to recover a balance of €315.04.

I am completely baffled. I don't understand the calculation of €315.04. I don't understand how Vodafone can continue to pursue me using third parties when I offered to pay the balance in full. It's very much frustrating and I appreciate any further advice anybody can give regarding this.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In my opinion, I think you are doing everything right, I would never start communication with a third party and your comms with Vodafone is concise and professional.

Did you raise a 'formal complaint' with Vodafone already, if so you could try complaining oto conreg too, but really they seem to remove themselves from billing queries.

Best of luck.

Did

Advertisement