Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile: Prepaid BlackBerry & Roaming

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I'm thinking of switching to emobile (prepaid),

Regarding the european data add on (50mb for €19.99),
    1. is this available for prepaid?
    2. does this include BlackBerry data?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Hi, 

I'm thinking of switching to emobile (prepaid),

Regarding the european data add on (50mb for €19.99),
    1. is this available for prepaid?
    2. does this include BlackBerry data?

Thanks in advance
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

Thanks for taking an interest in joining the eMobile network.

The data add - on is available both on Prepay and Billpay.

Unfortunately this does not include blackberry data. You would have to have a blackberry add - on active at the same time as the roaming add - on.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Thanks Grainne,

If i had the domestic BB add on and then added the eu data roaming add on (50mb for €19.99) would my BB usage abroad come out of this data roaming add on?

Thanks Grainne,

If i had the domestic BB add on and then added the eu data roaming add on (50mb for €19.99) would my BB usage abroad come out of this data roaming add on?
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

I have just been advised that unfortunately if you wish to use your blackberry phone while roaming and want to use the internet on your phone the data roaming add - on would not work. You would be charged the data roaming rates in that country.

Grainne

Hi gunnerfitzy,

I have just been advised that unfortunately if you wish to use your blackberry phone while roaming and want to use the internet on your phone the data roaming add - on would not work. You would be charged the data roaming rates in that country.

Grainne
    Ok.  That's a shame. It seems that so many Irish networks do not afford BlackBerry users the same offerings that they offer other smartphone users.

Thanks for the info Grainne.

Ok.  That's a shame. It seems that so many Irish networks do not afford BlackBerry users the same offerings that they offer other smartphone users.

Thanks for the info Grainne.
    No problem gunnerfitzy,

Apologies that I could not have advised of a better outcome in your case.

Gráinne

• Advertisement

No problem Grainne.

Perhaps you could send some feedback to the relevant department to consider a BlackBerry data roaming add on. It is something in very short supply in the postpaid market and is absent in the Irish prepaid market.

Thank you for your help.

No problem Grainne.

Perhaps you could send some feedback to the relevant department to consider a BlackBerry data roaming add on. It is something in very short supply in the postpaid market and is absent in the Irish prepaid market.

Thank you for your help.
    Hi gunnerfitzy,

I definitely will pass this onto the relevant team for consideration.

If this changes in the future it will be updated on our website.

Gráinne

Advertisement