Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't log in sometimes

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭

Experiencing problems logging in. Not sure why. I have to input the password a number of times before it accepts. This has happened regularly since registering. Any guidance on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just the usual recommendations, clear cache and cookies, and make sure you're not blocking the login session cookie being set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Spear wrote: »
    Just the usual recommendations, clear cache and cookies, and make sure you're not blocking the login session cookie being set.

Thanks for the reply. How would I do that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Depends on the browser, but you'd normally have to have explicitly blocked the cookies first, so it's sounds unlikely that you've done so.

Spear wrote: »
    Depends on the browser, but you'd normally have to have explicitly blocked the cookies first, so it's sounds unlikely that you've done so.

I've the setting on to accept cookies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Grand so, what's the error message you get?

Danny

• Advertisement

Grand so, what's the error message you get?

Danny

Hi Danny.

A one line banner appears- "could not log you in. Please try again."

Hi there,

This is a failure caused by the hidden security token failing verification. The hidden token makes sure you're logging in from Boards and not some other website. It's not to do with your username and password being wrong.

I'm going to see about adding better error logging so I can see how often this crops up, the browsers it affects and the actual cause of the failure which will hopefully lead to a resolution for you :)

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Also it finally let me log in when I unchecked the "stay logged in" box. I'm on a blackberry browser btw. I got same error as OP but on one occasion I got "can't log in due to security setting" or something. I haven't changed any settings on blackberry - also cleared cache, history, did battery pull, etc. This happened to me last week too but it eventually logged me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Tis finally letting me log back in now.

Hi there,

This is a failure caused by the hidden security token failing verification. The hidden token makes sure you're logging in from Boards and not some other website. It's not to do with your username and password being wrong.

I'm going to see about adding better error logging so I can see how often this crops up, the browsers it affects and the actual cause of the failure which will hopefully lead to a resolution for you :)

Danny

Great Danny. While I'm still experiencing it, it hasn't been as bad over the last few days. Had to log in twice tonight, maybe twice earlier on, which is an improvement on 6 times to get logged in over the last week. :)

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

Please let me know if the problems have been resolved - we pushed some changes live today that might have fixed this for you

Danny

Hi folks,

Please let me know if the problems have been resolved - we pushed some changes live today that might have fixed this for you

Danny

Hi Danny. Logged in first time this evening with no problems.
    Thank you. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement