Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodyboard fins that don't cause cramp?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi I'm back body-boarding after some few years off, I bought a pair of Sola fins but after only 10-15 min in the water foot cramp sets in and I'm forced to shore.
    What I need are comfortable fins?
    I snorkel and free dive with split fins and train with Zogg's fins and never cramp.
    Any advice would be welcome to rid myself of this scourge :(
    Maybe someone else has similar experiences ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Are you wearing boots or socks -boots will cause instant cramps, I used to bb and would get cramps after about two hours got to be dangerous at times and got more into surfing so stopped in the end - might go back to it one day

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

Yeah , had problems bare foot so a friend recommended 3mm o'neills socks , these helped a little but problem was still there.

Tech fins (T2) are supposed to be comfortable but I don't know anyone who has them.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Any chance they are to small for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Any chance they are to small for you?

Good point.

I wear booties with my fins and get cramp after about an hour in the water. I've always suspected it was because it was a bit tight for space in the fin with the thick boobies I use.

It's beyond me why they make the thing a one piece rubber fin and why they aren't more like fins for diving with adjustable straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

That's a very good point EmptyTree. An adjustable spring strap would be ideal to adjust the tension of the fin to your foot size, you could even adjust the pitch of the fin if necessary.
    As for sola fin size, all I can say is that they were bought in a surf shop and seemed the best fitafter trying various sizes, I think the rubber in these fins are too hard.

The only adjustable board fins i could find are Laguna Surf II these would be ideal I think as the have a neoprene foot pocket, but only seem to be available in the U.S. and delivery cost more than the fin :eek:
    I was advised by a friend today to try Stealth 2 fins, but again have no knowledge of these comfort wise, maybe someone has ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 kevmc1180

Hi I have tech2 fins they are very comfortable, and light. I am selling them actually, as I am moving into longboarding.
    I would recommend them I have tried several and these are best.
    They are most give in foot pocket.
    But I fing if you don't bodyboard regular your muscles in your feet, are not used to strain, and will cramp out. No worse feeling, stranded out in the surf when your propellers are not working.ha. I'm selling a full kit of bodyboard gear if your intrested not much use only 2 years old. Turbo brand very High end.
    Contct me...

Advertisement