Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Order

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently moved house and put in the move request on the 31st, I had my line activated on the 2nd and was told the broadband order is pending and would be completed in 10 days. I just received my bill today and it was just for the phone, no broadband charge. I've also checked my account online and it says orders were completed on the 31st with no broadband on the line.

I understand this may be normal but I need broadband as soon as possible so I would like to know if this is normal? I figured the broadband order would show in my bill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Hi,

I recently moved house and put in the move request on the 31st, I had my line activated on the 2nd and was told the broadband order is pending and would be completed in 10 days. I just received my bill today and it was just for the phone, no broadband charge. I've also checked my account online and it says orders were completed on the 31st with no broadband on the line.

I understand this may be normal but I need broadband as soon as possible so I would like to know if this is normal? I figured the broadband order would show in my bill.

Hi HellboundIRL

I have your account details from a previous case, I'm currently following this up with our broadband engineers. As soon as I have an update I will get back to you here.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Okay, that's great. Thanks Linda :)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I called Eircom today and I was told that the broadband order had been completed and was active since the 12th. I still have no connection so I was told to call support, one support agent informed me that there were no faults on the line he tested and a mistake had been made and the broadband was activated for my previous address and then told me to ring sales and place a new order.

I called back to make sure this information was correct and I was told that the broadband had been activated for the correct address and that there actually was a fault on the phone line and I'd need an engineer....totally contradicting what the first technician had told me.

I really don't know what to believe and it's very hard to get any solid information so I was hoping you could shed some light on this. I get a solid green dsl light and a red internet light on my router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Sounds like a possible port issue, not setup on the correct port, red internet light means that the modem is not authenticating to eircom servers, Linda will know more from looking at your phone number, she will be able to tell if the modem is actually synced on their end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

I called Eircom today and I was told that the broadband order had been completed and was active since the 12th. I still have no connection so I was told to call support, one support agent informed me that there were no faults on the line he tested and a mistake had been made and the broadband was activated for my previous address and then told me to ring sales and place a new order.

I called back to make sure this information was correct and I was told that the broadband had been activated for the correct address and that there actually was a fault on the phone line and I'd need an engineer....totally contradicting what the first technician had told me.

I really don't know what to believe and it's very hard to get any solid information so I was hoping you could shed some light on this. I get a solid green dsl light and a red internet light on my router.
     Hi HellboundIRL

I've sent you a PM in relation to this.

Regards
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement