Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autobrakes

Options
  • 11-01-2013 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Just recently I have noticed that when I launch a flight in FS9 as in to start on the ramp etc on the bottom left of the screen is the prompt to release brakes, as of yesterday this has disappeared, have I hit a button by accident?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Hi all, Just recently I have noticed that when I launch a flight in FS9 as in to start on the ramp etc on the bottom left of the screen is the prompt to release brakes, as of yesterday this has disappeared, have I hit a button by accident?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

Autobrakes are a feature of an aircraft which allow it to slow down in a predictable manner. Only some aircraft, almost all jets, have them installed and they are controlled by using a knob on the dashboard.

What you're referring to is the parking brakes. If you press "Ctrl" and "." at the same time they will be enabled.

To have them enabled by default you can save your flight after doing the above and tick the "Default" checkbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thank you very much for your reply.

Advertisement