Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did they put the price of the tunnel toll up

• 11-01-2013 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

By 10c ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

1st January I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

The increases will continue until usage improves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

langdang wrote: »
    The increases will continue until usage improves?

As far as I know tolls went up nationwide in the budget. It's not just limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Used it Jan 1st and it had gone up, I love this, not enough people use the tunnel, so we'll up the price so the people who do use it won't want to anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

price of tunnel increases was announced about last Nov, of course I can't find the blasted announcement online now but I definitely knew it was coming. don't need to use it much so don't mind too much the price of it. wouldn't like to be paying it on a daily basis though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

krudler wrote: »
    Used it Jan 1st and it had gone up, I love this, not enough people use the tunnel, so we'll up the price so the people who do use it won't want to anymore.

Nothing got to do with the company running the tunnel. The government put toll prices up all over the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Was after the budget no? I used it during the Christmas, and it had gone up, as far as I recall anyhow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

It'll be 2 euro next year, and so on and so on.

Was it 1.80 when it first opened??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I reported it in the tunnel thread two weeks ago I believe - so much for useful posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This was announced in the media last November and it applies to all national tolls, not just Limerick Tunnel. I thought it was common knowledge at this stage to be honest.

We pay if we use the tunnel and we pay if we don't use the tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This isn't just to do with the tunnel, it's to do with all tolls in Ireland. I also don't think that they'll up it to €2 as they probably make a nice little profit as it is from the people who put in a €2 coin and don't bother with the change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The coin basket doesn't give change on the big toll bridge. The unmanned one near caherdavin gives change, so they're just being greedy.

Far as I remember, the west link in Dublin used to donate the annual overpayment. Don't know what the limerick crowd do though.

Just realised I spend €1000 per year on that toll.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The coin basket doesn't give change on the big toll bridge. The unmanned one near caherdavin gives change, so they're just being greedy.

Far as I remember, the west link in Dublin used to donate the annual overpayment. Don't know what the limerick crowd do though.

Just realised I spend €1000 per year on that toll.

There's often change in the change basket at the big basket, 1 day I was going through there was 5 €2 coins in it, that was a good day :)

€1000 on tools is some amount, you must do some amount of mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Use it twice a day 5 times a week and some weekends too

Advertisement