Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cool edit pro question

• 11-01-2013 2:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

i am using this programme to record radio shows. i need to merge my voice with the music using the edit view not multi-track view. in other words, i want to speak and have a song starting underneath my voice. also need to blend an end of a song into a beginning of another. all very basic i'd say but can anyone help? the guy in the radio station is slow getting back to me on this. i have recorded 2 shows for broadcast in early morning hours but they are raw without these proper methods being used. btw i have tried dragging the files over one another but that wont work, it just means a clean, sudden break and sounds horrible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭McSween

Can anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Why don't you want to use the multitrack? I can't see any reason why you wouldn't separate the two and just mix them down into one track from there, with a lot more control over the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

cool edit pro will always be the worst and least professional sounding application name in existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭McSween

Why don't you want to use the multitrack? I can't see any reason why you wouldn't separate the two and just mix them down into one track from there, with a lot more control over the mix.

I will try by using open append. I have had issues with the bit rate on it as they want me to have it 32000 and 16. (That might be the wrong way round).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JohnOShock

Do the work in Multitrack view and then mix it down, to any samplerate you want..... I've done this loads of times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I use CEP for recording podcasts but I don't use it to mix... (I use a video editor PowerDirector) If you're against multitrack, you could make a note of times when you want to lower the music and higher it again, do that in the music track, and then mix in (at 100%) the vocals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mrtom

time for you to discover "mix paste" to plant your vocal.
    After identifing duration of vocal, drop level of original (same duration) in the location you wish to plant it by 10db or more then Mix paste. Takes a while to get it perfect but satisfying.
    Just fine tuning jaykhunter's point!

Advertisement