Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphone repair?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Hi!

Is there anywhere in the city centre (or there abouts) that does headphone repairs? I've to get to get some Sennheiser headphones fixed. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Any phone repair place should do it for you. Specifically I remember a repair place on cook or princes st doing headphones.

But what is wrong? The cable or the headphones themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

The cable, sorry, should've said that originally! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Well cables are very easy to fix and a soldering iron is cheaper than a repair.
    Its a handy and easy skill to learn.

You should have a go at it. Best case you fix it, worst case all that happens is someone else still fixes it later

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

mawk wrote: »
    Well cables are very easy to fix and a soldering iron is cheaper than a repair.
    Its a handy and easy skill to learn.

You should have a go at it. Best case you fix it, worst case all that happens is someone else still fixes it later

Headphone cables tend to have thread like thin wires and are not easy to solder.
    Maybe not the best thing to be learning on.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Headphone cables tend to have thread like thin wires and are not easy to solder.
    Maybe not the best thing to be learning on.

Tbh i'd rather pay someone to do it properly then risk messing it up by doing it myself, knowing my luck i'd probably ruin the things hahaha. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Léan wrote: »
    Tbh i'd rather pay someone to do it properly then risk messing it up by doing it myself, knowing my luck i'd probably ruin the things hahaha. :pac:
    Alot of the Big Senheisser ones the cable is removeable and replaceable is that not the case for your ones ?

Or are they small in ear headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Dorrington tv repairs on Church st, will do it for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement