Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information Design Module

Options
  • 11-01-2013 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what's involved in this module? The description was really vague and I'm considering it for an elective, thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭07_12_90

im still slightly confused with regards to electives...can we pick modules that are in levels above or below what we are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

07_12_90 wrote: »
    im still slightly confused with regards to electives...can we pick modules that are in levels above or below what we are in?

Yes you can. You do however need to do a minimum number of certain levels to get your degree. It depends on the course, level and length. e.g. You might need to do 6 Level One's, 18 Level Twos and 20 Level Three's in your total 4 years.

So as a result you may not be able to do Level One's in 4th year. Some courses bar you from doing lower levels in higher years. I think you can't do Level 1's above 3rd year in Eng. for example.

Also bear in mind that doing 'easy' electives can screw you in later years if you studied way outside your course. I found it better to stay 'in program' and study in the same field. They normally added greatly to later courses. That was my experience anyway.
    Can anyone tell me what's involved in this module? The description was really vague and I'm considering it for an elective, thanks.

Can you post the module code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I did it. It's stupid, but easy.

You do tutorials where you cut out news paper clippings and glue them to a piece of paper like you're in playschool again, I think there was a couple of essay / assignment type things which were easy, and iirc there's no final exam, except for a multiple choice exam you have to do in a computer room which asks questions like "what is a meme - A) Two of you B) A Man Theme C) Trending Content on the Internet D) Chinese Food" .... I sh*t you not.

I got an A in it and went to 10 minutes of lectures and half the tutorials. I think I tried to study for the final exam but might not have bothered once I got in there. Also, the lecturer is a really nice guy, but maybe it's just the content, but it is so boring, I'm pretty sure he's bored off his ass in lectures and just reads notes out loud. It didn't help that the lectures were in the biggest hall in Newman (Theatre L or M or something) and about 6 or 7 people would show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BidillyBo

Is that the same sort of thing as Information Society: Papyrus do you know?

Never did papyrus, but actually have it as an elective. As a matter of interest, is it as easy as the other information studies subjects? Straight forward A?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BidillyBo

Not a clue haven't done it yet thought information studies was all just the same.Hoping it will be a pile of piss anyway. Electives really are some waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Preppy

Information Society from Papyrus to cyberspace was probably the easiest module I've ever done. Got an easy A with very little effort. You get to make a little animation instead of doing an essay and the exam was complete bluffing. I'd highly recommend it!

I saw something about making a video essay? What's that all about? Is it in groups or on your own? Did you do some of the other Information Studies subjects? How was this in comparrison?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Preppy

Yeah you do the video essay on your own and can get most of it done in the tutorials. Its only has to be 3 minutes long! I did the intro module in sem 1 and that was super easy as well but i think this was the easiest one!

Advertisement