Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

petition to save e-cigs please sign and pass on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭number66

Was wondering how long before the authorities got their ban stick out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Luckily I speak some German ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I sent an email some time back when it was posted on the facebook group Irish Vaping. I've signed the petition and been posting it on lots of vaping groups on facebook and twitter, and been following it closely for a while. Only needs another 250 to get past the 10,000 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

I wonder how much their government is being paid by the tobacco companies to put a ban on these things. Also the government make a lot of money off those cigarettes. Makes sense that they want to ban the vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

It's up to 10,253 now, with the target at 15,000. Though, the target is likely to go up to 20,000 at that point. How many minimum do ye think would be needed to amount to anything? Do ye think anything even could amount from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

In my experience E-petitions mean feck all.

• Advertisement

Some of my MEP Feedback so far
    Thank you very much for contacting ########## MEP concerning the European Commission's proposed revision of the Tobacco Products Directive.

The draft legislation has not been sent to the Parliament's Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) committee yet, and so discussions have not begun.

However, #######recognises your concerns and agrees that such an approach may not be in the best interests of the public. Please rest assured that he will convey your opinion to his Liberal colleagues who sit on the ENVI committee, and will stay abreast of developments.

Many thanks once again for contacting this office.

Kind regards,

########
    Assistant to ###########MEP

Dear Mr Walker, thank you for the information, it makes very interesting reading
    Thanks for your detailed message Mark. I'll review this as soon as I get a chance and get back to you when we're dealing with this legislation. Kind regards
    Mark, thank you for your message re the Tobacco Directive and I have passed to Nessa's assistant in Brussels office who will be in touch soon

another one

Not sure if im allowed to includes names etc, but maybe a Moderator can put it right if not.

Dear Mr.Walker,

Thank you for your comments on the upcoming tobacco directive revision.

As a member of the Public Health Committee, Nessa will be working hard on this issue when it comes before her committee in the coming weeks. She will be consulting widely with constituents, NGOs and her colleagues here in the parliament before taking a stance on the specific issue you mention.

Please let us know of any further input which Nessa would appreciate.
    Sincerely,

Aidan OSullivan
    Parliamentary Assistant

Nessa Childers MEP
    European Parliament
    60, Rue Wiertz
    B-1047 Brussels
    Belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Vaperus wrote: »
    Nessa Childers MEP

The same Nessa Childers who, when asked "Why - as a co-chair of 'MEPs Against Cancer' - are you in support of a directive that will neuter the greatest chance of decreasing cancer-rates [e-cigs]?", deletes the comment rather than answering?

Scum.
    Bag.

Genuinely wish her the worst.

Advertisement