Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moroccan teapot or tea set?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking for somewhere in Dublin I could pick up or somewhere in Ireland I could order a Moroccan Teapot or tea set from as a gift for someone - OR somewhere internationally I could reliably order one to be here on time.

There are places online but they are either too far away I won't have it on time as a gift for January 20, they want to kill me on shipping, they want a bank transfer as payment (which should take days), or they cannot guarantee the set will match the picture.

Silver but preferably brass as we had that at the restaurant. By tea set I mean a teapot and some glasses, hopefully a tray matching the type of pot too.

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

It might be worth your while asking in some of the larger Arab shops, have you been out to Eurasia in Fonthill? The mosques have good food shops and may also sell sets like those you're after.

One of the Arab shops on Camden St (in behind the Bernard Shaw) used to have a good amount of kitcheny bits etc, they open and close randomly from time to time but worth a visit nonetheless.

Other than them I would try the tea shops in town, in particular Palais de Thé on Wicklow St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

tfak85 wrote: »
    It might be worth your while asking in some of the larger Arab shops, have you been out to Eurasia in Fonthill? The mosques have good food shops and may also sell sets like those you're after.

One of the Arab shops on Camden St (in behind the Bernard Shaw) used to have a good amount of kitcheny bits etc, they open and close randomly from time to time but worth a visit nonetheless.

Other than them I would try the tea shops in town, in particular Palais de Thé on Wicklow St.

Interesting, the restaurant are looking for €50 which is cheaper than having it shipped from the UK, Morocco, or Israel, but if I could get a better deal I'm all for it.

The thing is buying from the restaurant direct I know it's exactly what she liked, I just hope the tray the are giving me with it matches the silver.

Already tried Hallal Camden if that's the shop you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Yeah, I think that's it, it's changed it's name a few times, used to be called Shabnam Foods/Spiceland.

Advertisement