Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are there proper Argos shops in Dublin and/or North East Kildare?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for proper Argos shops in Dublin, and/or to the West of Dublin. Want to check out a few chairs, and I can't really do that at the "Extra" Argos shops, as nothing is on display.

The eXtra shops have more stuff than the normal ones, but all the stuff will be behind the counter, with nothing on display, whereas the non-eXtra shops will have less stock, but more of the stock will on display.

One way to look at it is that the eXtra shops are warehouses with a counter, and the non-eXtra shops are the showrooms. I need the showroom type shop, as I I don't want to spend €70 on a chair that may turn out to be uncomfortable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Sometimes you can try going into Homebase - same company, same stock. and more likely to have more on the shop-floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

What would you say the likelihood is of them having the chair you want on display from the thousands of other products in their catalogue? Their returns policy is extremely generous - buy one, if you don't like it - return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No Argos shops have more than a tiny selection of items on display. Extra/non-extra are identical in this regard. None will ever be displaying chairs.

Homebase and HomeStore&More are the same company so often have the same stock and Homebase does sell chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

peteb2 wrote: »
    Sometimes you can try going into Homebase - same company, same stock. and more likely to have more on the shop-floor.
    Grand. Popped into one, and found a chair that is nice. Will probably pop into Ikea tomorrow sometime as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the_syco wrote: »
    Grand. Popped into one, and found a chair that is nice. Will probably pop into Ikea tomorrow sometime as well.
    Found a good chair in Ikea; plenty of office chairs (15-25) on display there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement