Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa contactless transactions

Options
  • 11-01-2013 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

I read about how these work when I got my Visa Debit but I was wondering who/where has the point of sale units to facilitate it? The information said centras or galas but I've never seen it advertised in one. McDonalds have it splashed all over their shops now. Any chance Dublin Bus/DART are considering it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Dingle_berry,

Thanks for the post.

You can make contactless payments wherever retailers have adopted the technology – wherever you see the contactless symbol. In Ireland, many stores support contactless. Arnotts, Centra, Spar, Eurospar and Mace brands have all announced the roll-out, in their stores. We wouldn’t know if Dublin Bus/Dart are considering using contactless payments but it does seem to be gathering pace.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement