Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Flag Football

• 11-01-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi folks.

Are there any American Football enthusiasts out there ?
    Was looking to gather a few souls together for the coming summer months to play some non contact flag football on a Saturday/Sunday morning for a bit of fun. Would be just 5 a side and nothing too serious. Figure out some moves and maybe down the line organize some friendlies against teams across the country.

Let me know if your interested.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You might want to try the Irish Flag Football site to see if there's anything there http://www.americanfootball.ie/news/iffa/

Also, the American Football Forum on here has some good resources as well to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

Thanks Clareman. Have posted in NFl forum and have two signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Anbo

I would be interesed in this! Looking to get fitter and this could be fun!

Any more takers for this. Planning on getting out soon once the weather improves a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bit of competition with tag rugby which most people will be playing i'd say

• Advertisement

Well of the lads I have lined up most of us will be playing tag as well. I think if the interest is there for AF then I hopefully can pick up some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Maybe put a post on the UL Vikings facebook page a few of them there might be interested in playing flag..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Harpy wrote: »
    Maybe put a post on the UL Vikings facebook page a few of them there might be interested in playing flag..

I'd recommend doing that - I know my brother stopped playing with the Vikings due to injury, I'd say he'd be up for flag. The vikings are nice boys, don't let them fool you into thinking otherwise! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Would it be mixed or just guys? From my experience of tag rugby, I'd prefer to just play with guys...

Thanks Lads. Put a post on facebook page there.

seachto7: Its open to anyone who is interested in AF which is the main thing.
    At the moment its all guys though. This is not meant to be too serious or competitive so really open to anyone with an interest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement