Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card balance transfer

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I owe money on my credit card (BE visia card with AIB). I was wondering could I transfer this balanc e to a 0% interest credit card for 6 months or so as this would greatly help to clear the balance.

I am wondering
    1. is this possible?
    2. As I only have a account with AIB is it possible to move it to another back like bank of Ireland?
    3. If so how do I go about this?

I do not know a lot about this so any advice really appericated

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi

I owe money on my credit card (BE visia card with AIB). I was wondering could I transfer this balanc e to a 0% interest credit card for 6 months or so as this would greatly help to clear the balance.

I am wondering
    1. is this possible?
    2. As I only have a account with AIB is it possible to move it to another back like bank of Ireland?
    3. If so how do I go about this?

I do not know a lot about this so any advice really appericated

Thanks in advance

1. Yes, very normal. Generally the 0% offers are only for balances being brought over from another card. Purchases are generally charged interest at the normal rate. I could be wrong here but this is generally how its done.

2. You can seek a CC with any other provider, you dont have to be a current account with them.

3. Basically just apply to another card. The application should have section on it with balance to transfer and be sure to complete this. After this its up to the bank to consider your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Thank you Chris85!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Could you recommend where would be best to apply for a credit card, what are the tesco one like?

Advertisement