Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banshee stories

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any interesting Banshee stories?

I have one that I find interesting. Didn't happen to me directly, but I suppose I would have been an indirect witness.

The grandfather of a friend of mine was in hospital. Pretty close family, with one son and the grandfather living with them (until he had to go to hospital that is.)

The friend rang me one evening and said he had the crap scared out of him. He explained about his grandfather being in hospital and not well, and that he had heard what he could only describe as wailing coming from outside the kitchen window (whilst he was in the kitchen obviously). I said nto to be worrying as it could be a million things like cats, foxes etc etc and he said that it actually did sound human and not animal like. I said fair enough, but really ... its not a banshee.

About 30 mins later he rang back to tell me he'd just got word from the hospital about his grandfather who had passed away roundabout the same time he'd heard the crying.

I know he didnt make that up as a) his grandfather did die and b) he rang me initially beforehand when he heard the sound.

Anyway ... anyone any stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

This thread should have what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

My dad used to tell me a story about his friend when he was a kid. Some point in the 60's where he was walking down a galway country rd early hours of the morning. A stone wall which sat a very scraggy old women screaming crying as he walked passed. He just kept walking scared of his life, he then turned his head to see her walking along the top of the wall away from him through a field. Banshee? Who know..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

im looking for some first hand accounts for a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

I know of people who claim to have heard the banshee years ago, and that when its heard, a person who has an O' in the middle like O'Connell etc was going to die. My own father swore he heard it back in the eighties finishing a shift late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Aye that's a great site. Visit there quite a bit as I'm from Tyrone
    Meself wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mlink73

I have a first hand account - it happened to me in Ireland ( I live here since 11 years now) but I am actually German - makes it more interesting for me. It was in August 2008, my dad was in a hospital in Germany and his condition worsened, so I got a flight for the next morning. In the middle of the night - well I had a very light sleep out of worries, my two dogs started to growl at the en suit bathroom door (it's a small bathroom but no other room after that) and acted very nervous, suddenly I heard some type of crying, it sounded like a woman sobbing - my partner woke up over it and thought it was me at first. The sobbing became louder and closer - but none of us could really locate the source nor any real direction it was coming from. Suddenly my two dogs stopped growling and the sobbing stopped - 5 mins later the phone rang - my mum informed me that my dad just died a few mins earlier.

More things happened afterwards but so much for my "Banshee" experience.

Advertisement