Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasps Nest

• 11-01-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭

If im in the wrong section apologies.

My grandmother (89) is having her house insulated under the warmer homes scheme. When they came out to check out the house etc they found a wasps nest in the attic and won't do anything until its removed.

Now its jan and more than likely not active can we remove it ourselves and how? Or do we need to get someone in to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Where in the attic is it??
    If its hanging from a rafter just go up with a black plastic bag and put it up around it , pull it down and tie the bag up.
    Then burn it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

No wasps this time of year so it is safe to remove. It might crumble to dust if its been there years like the eight I had in my attic. The nests are easy it is the scores of dead bodies that are a pain.

Apparently the wasps don't return to the same nest so build a new one nearby if they can.

The insulation team are wusses if they wouldn't do the work because of one nest!

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Where in the attic is it??
    If its hanging from a rafter just go up with a black plastic bag and put it up around it , pull it down and tie the bag up.
    Then burn it :)

Yeah that has been suggested. My dad said he would do it if it wasn't active so I just thought I would check.

Advertisement