Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a Bronzer

• 11-01-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Hi everyone!

My bronzer is almost completely gone so I'm in the market for a new one. The bronzer I was using was by MAC and it was a gift, and tbh I don't think I'll be running to buy another one because I find them a bit too expensive for my student budget.

I was hoping some of you would have products you could recommend to me. I am pale enough so I prefer light coloured bronzers, with no shimmer/glitter whatsoever that won't break the bank.

Thanks in advance!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

My bronzer is almost completely gone so I'm in the market for a new one. The bronzer I was using was by MAC and it was a gift, and tbh I don't think I'll be running to buy another one because I find them a bit too expensive for my student budget.

I was hoping some of you would have products you could recommend to me. I am pale enough so I prefer light coloured bronzers, with no shimmer/glitter whatsoever that won't break the bank.

Thanks in advance!:)

I like the H and M bronzer, it's matte but not very light, it does blend very well though. The bourjois bronzer is lovely too, it comes in two shades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I like the H and M bronzer, it's matte but not very light, it does blend very well though. The bourjois bronzer is lovely too, it comes in two shades

Thanks!:) I was reading reviews online about the Bourjois bronzer with the intention to buy it, but a lot of them highlighted an issue whereby the bronzer hardens or "seals" itself after a short period of use, so brushes won't pick up any colour. Pity, because they all reported that every other aspect of it was great!

Might consider the H&M one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Thanks!:) I was reading reviews online about the Bourjois bronzer with the intention to buy it, but a lot of them highlighted an issue whereby the bronzer hardens or "seals" itself after a short period of use, so brushes won't pick up any colour. Pity, because they all reported that every other aspect of it was great!

It does do that, it's quite annoying. If you get one of those disposable mascara wands you can gently scrap off the top layer, I've done this with loads if powders that have done that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I'd recommend Gosh Bronzer, it's around € 20 but the compact is HUGE and lasts for a long time. It's a light bronzer so good for pale skin. The one I get has a shimmer in it but I think they do a matte version also.

I'm pale as well, so I use one of these (I can't remember which shade, few up from the palest) and get compliments on it
    http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/face/powder/pressed_powder
    nice and cheap too :)

• Advertisement

It does do that, it's quite annoying. If you get one of those disposable mascara wands you can gently scrap off the top layer, I've done this with loads if powders that have done that!

That's a great tip!

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone, I find bronzers can be hit and miss so opinions are always great!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Ive been using the bourjois chocolate bronzer for a while. The palest colour is good for fair skin but honestly I think it leans a little orange so while I'm going to use it up, I wouldn't rush out to buy s new one. I'd also used a face powder thst was a couple shaded darker than my nomal one from elf and preferred that as it was more natural.

Are there any Irish sites that sell ELF products?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Not a problem with the borjois one. I have the one that looks like a little bar of chocolate I must have it at least a year if not longer and its still going strong and hasnt hardened up - I rotate it and other ones so thats why its lasted so long

Its a nice one though :) make to get the one with no shimmer I think there are a few shades.

Also the benefit hoola bronzer is great i find it lasts ages and its not shimmery.

Are there any Irish sites that sell ELF products?

UK version is closest afaik
    http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/page/home

• Advertisement
Advertisement