Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adare 10k -

Options
  • 11-01-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I have taken up running in past 6 months and was hoping to do the Adare 10k in February. I have only compelted one previous 10k in a time of 53mins. Just wondering, is Adare 10k open to all abilities, i.e., limited ability like myself, or is it more suitable for high performers?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

The race, like almost all road races, is open to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The defending champion, among with other elites, will likely be racing in Tullamore that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Inter Club Cross Country Championships are on the same day.

Well maybe Sean Hehir will run in Adare instead. He did run in a 10K road race yesterday and not the Munster Championships CC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Just wondering anyone that done this before what's the course like?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's been a few years since I did it...(assuming the course is the same) I would say that it's probably one of the less punishing courses around in terms of hills.

The last few hundred metres are on a nice downhill too so make sure to smile for the cameras during your sprint finish:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Anyone else do this today? What did people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Did it today and bagged a PB. A lot of people I spoke to said it was harder running in the direction it was ran in today. Great numbers over 1000 or so.
    The parking at the start and for the first mile must have made life very difficult for mid pack runners with congestion. I figured as much and started with the hares up front to avoid it. I still lost 10 or seconds. As usual a nice spread afterwards but didn't really hang around.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gerico

very well run race even without chipping. change of direction was refreshing. With the weather today you couldn't go wrong. well done to west limerick ac & all helpers

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭CorkRunning

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

great day for it, i also ran a PB today but i thought it was tougher in the opposite direction to usual?

i'd like to think i would have gone quicker again if it was the normal way around.

great race and very well organised can only see this getting bigger and bigger every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

super race again this year, the opposite direction was a pleasant change I agree i think it felt harder but thats just a mind game I'm guessing, great conditions weather wise too, will be back again next year, weather helped with a large turnout but it seems to be growing in popularity each year

Advertisement