Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Sligo

Options
  • 11-01-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

We live in Cork and will be moving to Sligo by end of July. Well I know nothing of Sligo.

I have a 5 year old boy who goes to Jr. Infants.

Can anyone help me getting started to look for

1. Good family friendly areas to live: A max travel time of about 20-25 minutes to Sligo Town is what we are looking for

2. Which areas to avoid?

3. Good schools - don't mind : Boys only or mixed.

Also some inputs on what differences can I expect as compared to living in Cork. I am working here, but may or may not get a job in Sligo. Things to do around, other activities for kids?

Sorry for so many questions, but any answers would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I'm not from Sligo originally but have been living around here for a few years now. We just move to ballymote and I love it. There is so many things going on lots of different women's groups and kids activities. Honestly I have made more friends here in the 3 months we have been living here than in the 4 years I've been in Sligo. So ballymote gets a big thumbs up from me

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pakks

Thank you magnum lady and Hobbitfeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Frampton

pakks wrote: »
    Hi all,

We live in Cork and will be moving to Sligo by end of July. Well I know nothing of Sligo.

I have a 5 year old boy who goes to Jr. Infants.

Can anyone help me getting started to look for

1. Good family friendly areas to live: A max travel time of about 20-25 minutes to Sligo Town is what we are looking for

2. Which areas to avoid?

3. Good schools - don't mind : Boys only or mixed.

Also some inputs on what differences can I expect as compared to living in Cork. I am working here, but may or may not get a job in Sligo. Things to do around, other activities for kids?

Sorry for so many questions, but any answers would be helpful.

The areas off Strandhill rd are nice. The Park estate, Rathedmond, Thornhill--quiet and clean. Close to St Ursulas primary school.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oneofmany

I live close to Sligo town myself and whenever I'm over there for whatever reason I always find it great. I was actually thinking of moving there myself it's that nice, there's a lot of stuff plus it's a border county with great views beaches ect
    I use to live in Cork so what you'll definitely find different is the accent and the people altogether, the schools over there are very friendly. So you'll have no problem.
    Anyway good luck and if anymore questions just ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement