Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numenera: Torment?

• 11-01-2013 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭

I saw on Rock Paper Shotgun recently that Brian Fargo (Interplay, inXile) is working on a sort of sequel to Planescape: Torment. Looks like a Far Cry kind of sequel: The setting characters and story will be all totally different, but the general themes will be the same. He has the original script writer and conceptual artist on board, and he's using Monte Cook's Numenera setting, which got Kickstarted good and hard not too long ago. Monte Cook has been writing RPG settings and running games for over 30 years, he kinda knows what he's doing.

I'm horribly excited about this already. Planescape: Torment is easily one of the best RPGs ever made. To get another game of the same lineage and calibre would be fantastic. With Project Eternity due out next year, and a "true" successor to Planescape in the works, I am a very very happy gamer indeed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

Ah Torment, what an under-appreciated game.... I know it ranks high on lots of 'best games of all time charts' but that's still not high enough imo :D

Would love to see a game done in the same calibre. Will def be keeping an eye on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

From what I've read of Numenera, it's a sort of science fantasy setting. Post-apocalyptic earth, sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic, plenty of mysterious hyper-advanced ruins and artifacts dotted about the place. The art on the webbysite looks lovely, great flair to it. I really wouldn't mind seeing what they can do with the setting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love that they are doing it, but i hate that i know about it already. Way too long to wait for it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Good news. Just got an email notification that the $4.5 million stretch goal has been reached.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/494712?ref=email&show_token=2e85562a53e19f91

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I know this thread was started first but there was a full discussion on the kickstarter here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83315134

• Advertisement
Advertisement