Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I know i know i was looking forward to some..The storylines are good right now,its about AFFAIRS,after all its an affair city..:pac:

Amazingly there are no extra marital affairs actually going on at the moment in FC. Must be a first! Judith and Luke aren't actually "at it " and probably won't again - phew!
    Can see Ama and Wayne getting together behind Damien's back. Watch this space!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I think there are enough of us here to boycott the thursday and sunday episodes in demonstration at the not showing fair city, its been several days now this year that it was not broadcast due to something on rte 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Boycott it? That's silly. Scheduling conflicts are scheduling conflicts. Further, if they choose not to broadcast on Sundays because of bank holidays, then that's how it is. In an ideal world, making TV would be free but there's a cast and crew of a hundred people who need to be paid. TV is a business like any other. It's there to make money. Put it up against the Eurovision means they'll lose advertising revenue on that particular episode.

It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Boycott it? That's silly. Scheduling conflicts are scheduling conflicts. Further, if they choose not to broadcast on Sundays because of bank holidays, then that's how it is. In an ideal world, making TV would be free but there's a cast and crew of a hundred people who need to be paid. TV is a business like any other. It's there to make money. Put it up against the Eurovision means they'll lose advertising revenue on that particular episode.

It's that simple.

So there's going to be double episode tonight to pay everyone for the lack of show last night? And a double on Sunday to compensate for Thursday ? Eh no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

I think there is generally only one course of action for those who are unhappy with the dropping of episodes, and that is to write or email the director general and heads of RTE and complain.

Personally I don't for a second but the rhetoric about not clashing with Eurovision and what not, or bank holidays. This will be some kind of weird money saving/budget/avoid the tax man thing they have planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

Agree, maybe I'm just cynical, but this was my initial thought too. Im still scared from when it used to dissappear all summer to cut costs.....
    Dont know how much the actors get paid, but my guess is that it is nowhere near the amount joe Duffy et al get.....

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

iceblue wrote: »
    Agree, maybe I'm just cynical, but this was my initial thought too. Im still scared from when it used to dissappear all summer to cut costs.....
    Dont know how much the actors get paid, but my guess is that it is nowhere near the amount joe Duffy et al get.....
    They could save a few euro if they got rid of stephen :P

nice_very wrote: »
    I think there are enough of us here to boycott the thursday and sunday episodes in demonstration at the not showing fair city, its been several days now this year that it was not broadcast due to something on rte 2

thats silly :rolleyes: rating would be so low alot of people watch eurovision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

thats silly :rolleyes: rating would be so low alot of people watch eurovision

Do they? I don't know anyone who watches that load of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There is an episode tonight:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

What Wayne did to Delores is dreadful. However, of her children, he is the only one still alive. Having been bereft of Lorraine and Jessica, does Delores want to be bereft of Wayne as well? At the end of the day, he's still her son. He is remorseful. I can't see how she cannot forgive him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

the three Dillons sitting on the one chair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

I really am starting to wish Wayne would tell Paul to just go EFF off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

It is absolutely outargeous that the Orla one gives mega thief Wayne Molloy a job as bar man in McCoys in such a willy nilly basis thereby depriving Stephen (the best bloody barman bar none) of income. Wayne is already theiving by giving free points to his friends, a sackable event for sure. Now is the time for Stephen to join a Trade Union so he can keep her on the straight and narrow. :mad:

I hereby call on all our trade union bretheren in RTE and elsewhere to take immediate industrial strike action to get her to reverse this unjust appointment and give Stephen back his hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Leo going into Spar looking for something for his sore throat made me wonder why is there no chemist in Carrigstown ? FC writers please open up a pharmacy, great chance to bring in new characters and have a bit of fun seeing who comes in for the morning after pill, hemorrhoid cream etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

I really am starting to wish Wayne would tell Paul to just go EFF off

Didn't Paul give Wayne 25K? Where has that gone...?

And poor Charlotte, I felt sorry for her being used and humiliated like that, God she's had a really **** time...

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Hitchens wrote: »
    the three Dillons sitting on the one chair :D

There's clearly even less chairs than beds!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was Fair City on tonight??????

Was Fair City on tonight??????

yes go watch it on rte player now

and there no episode tomorrow

leo is a hypochondriac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

yes go watch it on rte player now

and there no episode tomorrow

None either tomorrow ???

FFS cop on RTE

dave1982 wrote: »
    None either tomorrow ???

FFS cop on RTE

eurovison :mad:

RATINGS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Fair City is on tonight. It will run as scheduled until the June bank holiday weekend now.

Vahevala wrote: »
    Fair City is on tonight. It will run as scheduled until the June bank holiday weekend now.

thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

endakenny wrote: »
    What Wayne did to Delores is dreadful. However, of her children, he is the only one still alive. Having been bereft of Lorraine and Jessica, does Delores want to be bereft of Wayne as well? At the end of the day, he's still her son. He is remorseful. I can't see how she cannot forgive him.

the kindest thing dolores could have done was shop wayne to the cops....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Thanks tjad, watched it on player this morning.

I am not a very violent person, but if I was Wayne I would have throttled Paul last night. I really hope that soapland karma comes back soon and knocks Paul of his perch. What an obnoxious bitter person he is. How Niamh puts up with him. Felt really sorry for Wayne, "keep the change", I would give it back to him in 1c coins and drop them in his pint. Really horrible person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I loved Paul's scene with Wayne last nighind the bar when Wayne served him from behind the bar in McCoys. I just wish the writers had of had Paul changed his order from water to champagne when he realised it was Wayne serving it.

Callum has also been playing a blinder, his scene with Paddy Bishop was classic 'I don't give a F' stuff. He's a pretty credible actor as FC goes and a good addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RATM wrote: »
    I loved Paul's scene with Wayne last nighind the bar when Wayne served him from behind the bar in McCoys. I just wish the writers had of had Paul changed his order from water to champagne when he realised it was Wayne serving it.

Callum has also been playing a blinder, his scene with Paddy Bishop was classic 'I don't give a F' stuff. He's a pretty credible actor as FC goes and a good addition.

yeah i hope to see this guy in a movie or something gritty...he has potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Does anyone else think that the actress that plays Charlotte is a good actress?

The character of Charlotte is loathsome but I think the actress plays it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Have to hand it to Callum, he's ultra cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement