Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lisha wrote: »
    and bawled like a baby after the run in with the bishops

I wouldn't say that. He was actually quite cool and cocky right up to the end. He was about to have his toe chopped off. Not sure if laughing and joking would be on my agenda. Plus he still had the stones to go for Paddy at the end of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I know walshb I'm referring to when he cried and slid down the wall.
    I suppose what I'm saying is that his anger is very over the top and he is very aggressive and won't ever be seen to back down . I'm just wondering is it a front for anything else.

(Any normal person would run a million miles from paddy bishop,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Lisha wrote: »

(Any normal person would run a million miles from paddy bishop,

hard to run far with only one shoe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Why is Christy selling Tesco Flowers in his Spar Shop? Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

walshb wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that. He was actually quite cool and cocky right up to the end. He was about to have his toe chopped off. Not sure if laughing and joking would be on my agenda.

"Something's afoot, Paddy. You're feeling a bit of a heel. Still, it's a day out for the chisellers."

• Advertisement

It must be great to be able to predict the future. How Callum could know that Pete would be around to search Paddy's jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I hereby declare that from this moment on, I will be referring to Dr Dillon as "Hiyaa-watha"

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charlotte is underage right? So maybe Callum will get done and that is what Paddy meant tonight by he won't be the one going to jail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It must be great to be able to predict the future. How Callum could know that Pete would be around to search Paddy's jacket.

He know from reading the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    He know from reading the script.
    sometimes you would wonder if there is a script.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

jjf1974 wrote: »

Oh, come on. Did you not think that was a good script tonight? When Paddy leaned in and said "What makes you think he was the only one?" It gave me chills.

Callum is the best new character since Robert.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

jjf1974 wrote: »
    the Dermot / Jo storyline is bloody dreary and nonsensical :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Jo's little giggles etc reminded me of two things.

Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter and a fairy god mother from a Disney movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Charlotte is underage right? So maybe Callum will get done and that is what Paddy meant tonight by he won't be the one going to jail

I may be wrong but I think Charlotte is 16. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

There was absolutely no need for ester to take her bag off in the 1st place and 99% of the time the community centre is packed but not this 1 time. It really is just lazy writing. Paddy is supposed to be a hardman killer yet pete speaks to him like he's a schoolboy who just robbed a packet of sweets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Afollower wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I think Charlotte is 16. :cool:

The age of consent is 17 so yea he could get a bit of hassle

If Rachel had slept with one of the Bishop boys Paul and Niamh would be hitting the rough, I hope Paddy gives Paul a good smack soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

When Luke dumped the CCTV video in a Hazardous Material bin, the writers missed a trick and could of had Recyclable VHS on it instead like something straight out of a Naked Gun film

There was absolutely no need for ester to take her bag off in the 1st place and 99% of the time the community centre is packed but not this 1 time. It really is just lazy writing. Paddy is supposed to be a hardman killer yet pete speaks to him like he's a schoolboy who just robbed a packet of sweets.

Seeing what Pete's son went through I was surprised that he was quick to target Paddy as the culprit

The age of consent is 17 so yea he could get a bit of hassle

Jeepers, are you sure, I thought it was 16.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Jeepers, are you sure, I thought it was 16.:confused:

Are you in trouble now? :D

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Are you in trouble now? :D

Ha, ha, I wish!!
    No, but I'm a bit stunned that as the mother of teenagers I didn't realise it was 17. I thought the law changed recently to 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Ha, ha, I wish!!
    No, but I'm a bit stunned that as the mother of teenagers I didn't realise it was 17. I thought the law changed recently to 16.

From Wiki :
    The age of consent in Ireland is *17*. Although the age of consent in Ireland has been 17 for a long time, the laws have undergone several changes in recent years. Until June 2006, sex with children under this age was dealt under the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 1935. After it was held in 2006 (in the case CC v Ireland) that parts of that Act were unconstitutional, the laws were rewritten. Section 1 of the 1935 Act was abolished from that that Act. A new Act, the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2006 was passed to replace the unconstitutional provisions in the 1935 Act. This act repealed and replaced Section 2 of the 1935 Act. The original 1935 Act has now been amended many times. Relevant offenses under the The Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2006 are "Defilement of a child aged under 15 years" and "Defilement of a child aged under 17 years".[26]

pookiesboo wrote: »
    When Luke dumped the CCTV video in a Hazardous Material bin, the writers missed a trick and could of had Recyclable VHS on it instead like something straight out of a Naked Gun film

So he dumped vital evidence against himself? Why not just hold onto it. Now he runs a big risk. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Is Maeve still in Thailand being a free spirit?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Why would Wayne have given Paul as a referee. Ridick

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Temaz wrote: »
    Is Maeve still in Thailand being a free spirit?
    She went for the half term break, long way to go for a week! We're not complaining though!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

So he dumped vital evidence against himself? Why not just hold onto it. Now he runs a big risk. Ridiculous.

Yeah its stupid. But the footage recorded Luke fighting with Tommy, and I guess he didn't want anyone to see him fight Tommy and abandon him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I'd say Paddy would have laughed to see Wayne attacking Paul!

• Advertisement

did wayne really put paul down as a reference ?

also poor tommy getitng no 7-up for grape in hosiptal

also that brat zack back to kilkenny lol love how a 16yr comes and goes as he pleases

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement