Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Zack "South Dublin" Dillon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

How come Auntie Kitty hasn't come up from Kilkenny to see Tommy after his accident :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

The absolutely bizarre rostering of staff in McCoys by novice would be bar manager Orla Kirwan defies logic and is almost certainly contravening many aspects of what’s left of Irish employment legislation. Tonight exemplified this when she had Big Time Loser Wayne Molloy wearing Stephens Green Sweater behind the bar when suddenly he decided to go AWOL “during the lunchtime rush”! Seconds later she had materialised Stephen (the Best Bloody Barman Bar None) out of thin air who effortlessly demonstrated to the punters how bar tending should be done. And the blond girl with no name also sped around the bar serving the customers. Moments later the Looser Molloy, still wearing Stephens Green Sweater, materialised behind the bar as if he was beamed there by Scotty. Sadly there was no longer any sign of Stephen or the blond girl with no name. I have heard of minimum shifts and split shifts but this was utterly ridiculous - So much so that my head hurts and the strange visions I regularly saw before my transorbital lobotomy returned. Can someone please explain to me what exactly is happening in this most weird of public houses before my next visit my psychiatrist? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

annapanna wrote: »
    Why would Wayne have given Paul as a referee. Ridick

Yes but it was his last job in "sales" so suppose he had to put down the garage

I had to lol at Caoimhe bringing Tommy the book Misery that cost 50c from Helping Hand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kieraneen14

did wayne really put paul down as a reference ?

also poor tommy getitng no 7-up for grape in hosiptal

also that brat zack back to kilkenny lol love how a 16yr comes and goes as he pleases

i wudnt mind taking naughty neasa off 2 kilkenny 4 a wend. christ she looked hot in them skin tight jeans 2nite. and if she wudnt come maybe mammy dillon wud. she free and easy goin this weather- what a fine rack she has- we cud stay with auntie kitty- another dinger i bet ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

The absolutely bizarre rostering of staff in McCoys by novice would be bar manager Orla Kirwan defies logic and is almost certainly contravening many aspects of what’s left of Irish employment legislation. Tonight exemplified this when she had Big Time Loser Wayne Molloy wearing Stephens Green Sweater behind the bar when suddenly he decided to go AWOL “during the lunchtime rush”! Seconds later she had materialised Stephen (the Best Bloody Barman Bar None) out of thin air who effortlessly demonstrated to the punters how bar tending should be done. And the blond girl with no name also sped around the bar serving the customers. Moments later the Looser Molloy, still wearing Stephens Green Sweater, materialised behind the bar as if he was beamed there by Scotty. Sadly there was no longer any sign of Stephen or the blond girl with no name. I have heard of minimum shifts and split shifts but this was utterly ridiculous - So much so that my head hurts and the strange visions I regularly saw before my transorbital lobotomy returned. Can someone please explain to me what exactly is happening in this most weird of public houses before my next visit my psychiatrist? :eek:

....under the guidance of Stephen (see how he directed her to bring the pints to the corner in that scene, almost a fatherly gesture...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I had to lol at Caoimhe bringing Tommy the book Misery that cost 50c from Helping Hand :P

Isn't that the Stephen King book about a wheelchair-bound guy tortured and tormented by a woman? Was Caoimhe trying to tell Tommy something?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mr. G wrote: »
    Yeah its stupid. But the footage recorded Luke fighting with Tommy, and I guess he didn't want anyone to see him fight Tommy and abandon him.

But unless he destroyed the hard drive, then just dumping it intact was so not what any half educated person would do. Was it dumped intact? Or did he destroy it and dump it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yes but it was his last job in "sales" so suppose he had to put down the garage

Luke in a dress hobbling Tommy?

walshb wrote: »
    But unless he destroyed the hard drive, then just dumping it intact was so not what any half educated person would do. Was it dumped intact? Or did he destroy it and dump it?
    Luke has left himself at the mercy of two groups. Who would have an interest in finding or hacking a hardrive from a landfill?
    1. The Nigeeeeeeeeerians
    2. The pickeroonies
    A pickeroon has little or no expertise in data recovery, they will simply find the drive in one of the HSE's registered dumps beside a wicklow resevoir/beauty spot and sell it.

The Nigeeeeerians, will have that drive cracked open and ready to black mail within seconds of locating it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Luke has left himself at the mercy of two groups. Who would have an interest in finding or hacking a hardrive from a landfill?
    1. The Nigeeeeeeeeerians
    2. The pickeroonies
    A pickeroon has little or no expertise in data recovery, they will simply find the drive in one of the HSE's registered dumps beside a wicklow resevoir/beauty spot and sell it.

The Nigeeeeerians, will have that drive cracked open and ready to black mail within seconds of locating it.
    i thaught all that clinical waste was burned or at least is supposed to be.

vektarman wrote: »
    Isn't that the Stephen King book about a wheelchair-bound guy tortured and tormented by a woman? Was Caoimhe trying to tell Tommy something?

Yep

jjf1974 wrote: »
    i thaught all that clinical waste was burned or at least is supposed to be.

It's supposed to be, up as far as recently it was ending up in landfill...the documents said otherwise

jos28 wrote: »
    How come Auntie Kitty hasn't come up from Kilkenny to see Tommy after his accident :confused:

I would guess Zak has filled her in about his parents shagnanigans :P shenanigans and she is Judy's auntie not Tommy's so guess she is on her side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

walshb wrote: »

This is Fair City. Anything can happen. For all we know a carrier pigeon may retrieve the hard drive and deliver it back to the Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

shagnanigans

That's what I'm calling Fair City from now on.

msg11 wrote: »
    This is Fair City. Anything can happen. For all we know a carrier pigeon may retrieve the hard drive and deliver it back to the Station.
    And Luke dastardly and his band of builders (pete and damo) set up traps to stop the pigeon delivering the hard drive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Where does Zak go to school?.He spends most of his time in Kilkenny.He seems to go and come as he pleases.

Niamh defends Callum against the Bishops
    Airs Thursday, May 23 2013 at 20:00

Vivienne spots Charlotte upset on a bench. She demands to know why she's skiving off school, so Charlotte comes clean about having been with Callum. Vivienne is horrified. After frog-marching Charlotte back to school, she heads straight to Niamh's door looking for Callum. Niamh is disgusted with Callum when she hears that he was with Charlotte. However, Callum then blurts out that Paddy, Zumo and Decco tied him up and threatened him. Though Vivienne is horrified, she is determined not to waver on the Charlotte issue. She calls Callum 'vermin' and tries to throw him out of the house. However, Niamh stands up for Callum and threatens to call the police on the Bishops.

Later, Paul and Niamh offer Callum a room permanently in their home, but Niamh has ground rules first. They have a stand-off, but Callum buckles and Niamh and Paul take him home to the girls, wondering what they're getting themselves into.

Meanwhile, Jo is at work in the Hungry Pig when Dermot arrives dressed as an American officer. He declares his love to her in front of the customers in the Hungry Pig and sweeps her off her feet. Later, Dermot and Jo break the good news to Ben and promise to make it up to him for all the upset caused. Dermot then moves his belongings in from the B&B. With a little help from Ben, Dermot also gets down on one knee and proposes to Jo - she accepts!

Elsewhere, Dolores continues to give Wayne a hard time as she can't forgive him, while Luke advises Judith to keep a distance from Tommy - so she doesn't show up to the hospital to see him off to rehab.

Damien vows to get Ama's documents
    Airs Sunday, May 26 2013 at 20:00 BST

Ama is late home and Damien becomes worried about the kind of work she is doing. Not long afterwards, Wayne is shocked when Ama arrives into Phelan's after being mugged. An upset Ama explains that they stole her wages and hurt her wrist, but Wayne warns against telling anyone else in case they call the Gardaí. When Damien finds out what's happened, he is concerned as Ama says that she'll have to go back to work that night even though her wrist is injured. Laura convinces Ama that her wrist is too bad to go to work, but Ama is stunned when she gets fired for calling in sick.

Wayne goes through Ama's bag.
    Damien is determined to take action and goes off to tell Wayne that he's going to get Ama's documents back by force if necessary. Despite Damien's reluctance, Wayne decides to go through Ama's bag to find a clue about who the surgeon in Kildare might be. He finds two names in a notebook. With Laura's help and some detective work, Wayne and Damien then manage to find the surgeon's address. Damien and Wayne find the house, and as it looks empty, Damien decides to scope the place out. Just as he is about to get out, the family arrive home. Wayne is worried when Damien decides to come back when the house is empty and break in.

Meanwhile, Callum wanders into the sitting room in his underwear looking for soap. Niamh feels uncomfortable, but Callum is ignorant of the fact that he has made things awkward for everybody else. Later, Callum meets Caoimhe while he is out and manages to convince her to come home with him. They get cosy on the couch, but Paul is angry to come home and find the pair of them drinking, so he tells Caoimhe to leave. Paul tries to talk to Callum, but Callum isn't interested in a lecture and walks out. Paul finds Callum in Vinos and tries to reconcile things with him. They agree to treat each other better and they both return home.

Elsewhere, Leo faces turmoil at home and at work.

Damien's actions look set to spark trouble
    Airs Tuesday, May 28 2013 at 20:00

Wayne and Damien return to the surgeon's house and meet Mrs McCormack. They make up a story about blocked pipes and offer to fix them for her. Mrs McCormack gladly accepts and lets them in. However, Wayne is shocked when Mr McCormack arrives home early. Wayne explains what he's doing there and quickly leaves. In another part of the house, Damien seems to have found what he is looking for, but he is interrupted by Mr McCormack. Damien manages to cover and Mr. McCormack thanks him for all his help.

Later, Laura is shocked when the lads explain what happened, but Damien is unapologetic. Laura tries to reason with Damien, but he won't listen. When Ama interrupts, Damien covers up by saying that he went looking for the mugger. Ama tells Damien that she's glad of his help but asks him not to do anything stupid. Damien promises, but doesn't realise that Mr McCormack is watching the two of them out walking together.

Meanwhile, Pete tries to convince Dolores to let Wayne be part of the wedding, but Dolores isn't interested. Later, Dolores apologises for being snappy with Pete and just when she seems to be softening, news arrives that the boiler in the homeless shelter is broken. Dolores feels powerless to help and quickly remembers that her inability to help out is Wayne's fault. Laura advises Dolores to bury the hatchet with Wayne and tells Wayne to talk to Dolores. Wayne is pleased when Dolores actually speaks to him, but Dolores seems happy when Wayne doesn't push it.

Elsewhere, Leo struggles to keep Shannon in check, while Callum gets ahead on his work at the garage and continues to spend time with Caoimhe.

Damien's plan backfires badly
    Airs Wednesday, May 29 2013 at 20:00

While talking to Ama, Wayne accidentally gives away the fact that he and Damien went to visit the McCormacks. Ama finds Damien and wants an explanation. Damien insists that he did the right thing, but Ama is worried about the repercussions - fearing that she could be deported. Later, Ama is shocked when Mr McCormack arrives at her door and forces his way in. McCormack asks Ama to return to his home, but she refuses and says that she won't let him molest her again. He apologises and promises that he'll give her documents back if she returns. Ama refuses, but McCormack threatens to report Damien and Wayne to the police and say that Ama stole from him.

Later, Damien worries when Ama won't answer her phone, but decides she may need time to cool off. At the same time, McCormack forces Ama to write a goodbye note to Damien before they leave. A distraught Ama reluctantly gets into McCormack's car and leaves. Damien is upset when he finds Ama's note and despite Laura's encouragement, Damien thinks he's lost Ama for good.

Meanwhile, Wayne suggests holding a fundraiser for the shelter in McCoy's. Orla doesn't want to be involved in Wayne's plot to impress his mother, but Wayne doesn't give her a chance to say no. Later, Orla suggests the fundraiser to Dolores and covers up Wayne's involvement. Pete is suspicious, but they insist it was all Orla's idea. Pete warns Wayne not to use the fundraiser to get closer to Dolores as it won't end well.

Elsewhere, Callum shows Rachel how to outfox Paul, while Shannon finds an unlikely friend in Carol - but Leo worries about her missing Sandy.

Damien makes a concerning discovery
    Airs Thursday, May 30 2013 at 20:00

Ama discovers that Mr McCormack has unpacked her bag and refuses to return her phone. Ama pleads to have it back, but to no avail. While working, Ama discovers a filing cabinet that may contain her documents. She frantically searches, but is disturbed and has to cover up.

At the same time, Wayne has left the sitting room in a mess and as Damien tries to clean up, he finds Ama's rosary beads. He becomes very worried because he knows that Ama wouldn't leave something so precious to her behind. After asking some questions, Damien discovers that Carol saw Ama leave with McCormack. Damien is angry and is determined to go to the McCormacks to get Ama, but Laura insists they have to be smarter about it and manages to convince Damien to bide his time.

Meanwhile, Wayne and Orla are delighted with themselves as they announce the progress of the fundraiser so far, but Dolores is angry when Orla reveals that Wayne was behind the whole thing. Dolores rants at Wayne for hijacking the fundraiser for his own purposes and leaves in anger. Orla catches up with Dolores to ask her to give Wayne a break, but she is gobsmacked when Dolores reveals why she is so angry with Wayne. Later, Wayne decides to visit Dolores and she is shocked when he says that he'll abide by her wishes and stay out of her life.

Elsewhere, Niamh freaks when Callum goes AWOL with Ruth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

OH MY GOD DERMOT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Dermish , you are right, you are no Richard Gere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Oh my god,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Haven't seen Fair City in a while. Came out to visit my parents. Turned on the telly. GOOD JESUS. DERMISH. This is a new low.

"I wont pick you up, the jackets a bit tight" LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Shame Dermot didn't try to lift Jo up and carry her out of the hungry pig, or vice versa, would have been so funny.

Funniest and embarrassing thing I have seen in a while, good on you Dermot!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

@verynice

Thanks, looking forward to see this "McCormack" fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Viv ' I'm sorry for coming down so heavy' what other way would she come down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

At least they've finally wrapped up the plot line with Jo and Dermotttthhhhhhhh.

first time i ever said oh my god to a tv screen @dermot lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Randomiser

Loved tonight's episode. Smashing scenes between Dermot and Jo!!! They played them so, so well. Love a bit of romance!!!

I also thought the scenes between Callum and Niamh were really touching and well written. Callum's a great addition to the Brennan house.

Wish Charlotte wasn't so nasty to poor Vivienne all the time though. Sheesh, you'd need to self medicate if you had that one for a daughter!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement