Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,775 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How did Ama and Wayne afford to go to A&E with no medical card or health insurance :confused:

Maeve
    is back next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maeve
    is back next week

FFS.

Worst character in it bar Jo.

No doubt she'll have "found herself" and be even more of a free spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Temaz wrote: »
    No doubt she'll have "found herself" and be even more of a free spirit.

Christ, I hate free spirits. If she has tribal tattoos and feels "centred" I might just throw my telly out the window.

What if she's realised Dermot is the one for her? Will he pick her or Cher Lookit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How did Ama and Wayne afford to go to A&E with no medical card or health insurance :confused:

Thought the same immediately - shame the "writers" either (a) don't realise or (b) think the viewers are too stupid to spot the lack of credibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Niamh in black again

Ama tidying the house. "I get my bin-bag."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

McCormack and his wife.. Stiff as they come.

Making Leo look sharp..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Glad the old Carol is back.. The girl who plays Shannon doing a super job!

McCormack and his wife.. Stiff as they come.

Making Leo look sharp..

He's a posh Colombo. "Airlock. Mouse. I'm putting this together...."

Does she look a bit like Leo's ex Sandie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jesus, Jonny the cab driver has had more lines in one scene than Stephen has had this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Damien, go easy on the pies!

Laura is underused, I think. She's very real in all these scenes, even when she has nothing to do. Herself and Dolores are like a mother and daughter.

Orla might as well be walking around in a bikini. That top is transparent.

putting carol is the cab office , best thing fair city ever did

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

HATE the Ama 'storyline', tonight's episode was ridiculous. Zero chemistry between herself and Damo. I've been doing a bit of flight searching and I found a one ticket from Dublin to Zambia for less than €1500. I am setting up a fund and would appreciate donations from all FC fans to send Ama home to her Mammy. I will even throw in a new bag for her.

Edit: Before anyone gives out to me this is not meant to be in anyway racist. It has nothing to do with Ama's nationality. It has more to do with a crap storyline which is being very poorly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why was Carol pushing the pram/buggy with no baby in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

jos28 wrote: »
    HATE the Ama 'storyline', tonight's episode was ridiculous. Zero chemistry between herself and Damo. I've been doing a bit of flight searching and I found a one ticket from Dublin to Zambia for less than €1500. I am setting up a fund and would appreciate donations from all FC fans to send Ama home to her Mammy. I will even throw in a new bag for her.

Edit: Before anyone gives out to me this is not meant to be in anyway racist. It has nothing to do with Ama's nationality. It has more to do with a crap storyline which is being very poorly executed.

for an extra 50 you could get a nice pair of rosary beads and have them blessed by some bishop or someone who is high up in the invisible floating man fan club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Dunno if it was mentioned yet.

But, loved the filmed off site scenes at the house. Breath of fresh air, they need to do more of the off site scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Sam Kade wrote: »

I noticed that too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Shamrock21

It took Orla 9 seconds to get a gin and tonic for Caoimhe in McCoys tonight !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Shamrock21 wrote: »
    It took Orla 9 seconds to get a gin and tonic for Caoimhe in McCoys tonight !!!

Why, did she have a lot of other people to serve first?!

600 euro for a school trip to france , very unrealistic storyline for a school to do in a recession

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

600 euro for a school trip to france , very unrealistic storyline for a school to do in a recession

My lad is a first year in a non fee paying northside school. First year trip was to Spain and cost 560. Sadly it's quite realistic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

desbrook wrote: »
    My lad is a first year in a non fee paying northside school. First year trip was to Spain and cost 560. Sadly it's quite realistic :(

There is no free education in Ireland, recession or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

msg11 wrote: »
    Dunno if it was mentioned yet.

But, loved the filmed off site scenes at the house. Breath of fresh air, they need to do more of the off site scenes.

It was a breath of fresh air, but my God, it was terribly done. Usually the production values are kinda bad, but these were flat out bad. Single cam gives you the opportunity to really show what you can do. (Studio is somewhat limited.)

The direction, the acting, the lighting even, were all quite awful. You'd make something better yourself for free with a DSLR and some knowledge of how to use it.

(That's very harsh. I do genuinely enjoy Fair City regardless of its dodgy production values.)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Sam Kade wrote: »

i was wondering similar about paul at the weekend...he was walking around the house with a doll and there was me thinkin..."jaysus pauls kid is looking a bit under the weather"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

It was a breath of fresh air, but my God, it was terribly done. Usually the production values are kinda bad, but these were flat out bad. Single cam gives you the opportunity to really show what you can do. (Studio is somewhat limited.)

The direction, the acting, the lighting even, were all quite awful. You'd make something better yourself for free with a DSLR and some knowledge of how to use it.

(That's very harsh. I do genuinely enjoy Fair City regardless of its dodgy production values.)

the bit where your man walked in on damo was cringeworthy,damo stood there staring at him like a gormless idiot,as for tweedle dee finding 'a mouse' that was just laughable.

Bring back Suzanne and let her bait some sense into Damo over Ama :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

So predictable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is that meant to be a South African accent?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement