Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I thought it was the tradition everywhere. We did in Co Tipperary for my late parents.

Your post reminded of an earlier post asking whether it was an Irish thing..

In the Only Fools and Horses where they bury Grandad, Del hangs around at the graveyard afterwards to tip the priest and grave diggers.. IIRC

So I guess it's not unique to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Which of these did Bela's ma name him after ? (isn't wiki great for these obscure facts ;))
    • Bela, son of Beor, first King of Edom
    • Bela (or Belah), the name of three Biblical characters

Bela's name is actually supposed to be Ignatius Mary (I jest not). He changed it - though, not officially - to Bela, when he was a teenager, because he was a fan of horror actor, Bela Lugosi.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

when are we gonna see carol living with the bishops now that be comedy also zumo is wasted on FC

I know what a wasted storyline opportunity from the writers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

*Stands up on the bus*

I also didn't know Rita had a brother!

Yeah, she did. Hannah (Rita's ma) had a son called Vincent,out of wedlock, whom she gave up for adoption. The storyline was identical to the Renee/Heather one. Vincent eventually found her and she became close to his daughter, Jasmine (of whom Yvonne was insanely jealous). Jasmine and Hannah set up Rainbows sandwich bar together - I think it was where Vinos is now.
    While were on the subject of Rita's siblings, she also had a sister, who was a hairdresser in England. An actress with a non - speaking part, turned up to play her for Hannah's funeral. I remember we thought it was decidedly weird, how she was only seen at a distance, mingling with other extras who were playing the funeral attendees. I'm a bit of a sad case, when I think about it - I've been watching Fair City since I was about five! Although, I did miss a lot of episodes in the last couple of years.:D

I see Pete was in Raw I wonder does Dolly and Lucy know :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Yeah, she did. Hannah (Rita's ma) had a son called Vincent,out of wedlock, whom she gave up for adoption. The storyline was identical to the Renee/Heather one. Vincent eventually found her and she became close to his daughter, Jasmine (of whom Yvonne was insanely jealous). Jasmine and Hannah set up Rainbows sandwich bar together - I think it was where Vinos is now.
    While were on the subject of Rita's siblings, she also had a sister, who was a hairdresser in England. An actress with a non - speaking part, turned up to play her for Hannah's funeral. I remember we thought it was decidedly weird, how she was only seen at a distance, mingling with other extras who were playing the funeral attendees. I'm a bit of a sad case, when I think about it - I've been watching Fair City since I was about five! Although, I did miss a lot of episodes in the last couple of years.:D

Jasmine was divine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Hitchens wrote: »
    Jasmine was divine ;)

Yeah she was a hot chick....no wonder Yvonne was jealous of her! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

max life wrote: »
    Yeah she was a hot chick....no wonder Yvonne was jealous of her! ;)

Pics or get out! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Pics or get out! :P

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0950318/

(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Lisha wrote: »
    Have missed an episode of FC but I thought Rita left Rachel money ? Or was that a joke ?
    I thought I read that somewhere too...and I haven't missed an episode!
    Zil2011 wrote: »
    Perhaps Rachel gets Helens share of the house?

I reas that somewhere also. The interesting thing was the episode after the Will "was read" the voiceover girl introducing FairCity said it about Rachel splashing the cash, (Anyone else pick up on this?) which never happened in the episode..... Could it be that there were 2 different stories and they ran with one which didn't include Rachel?
    Is it common for a will to be read out like that. I know when my parents died (10 yrs apart), we had to go to solicitors office for him to read it out. Seemed a bit strange to me, but I may be wrong.

That was very weird, I would have thought the same about a Lawyers office or somehting.
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    They never re-married after they got divorced-

Why is Bela constantly refered to as her husband so. Even the kids were saying "she was youre wife"
    Cathyht wrote: »
    Is real life Suzanne supposed to be only 28?

Bit older than that, she was in my sisters class in "Pill Hill" and she is 32 now. She was on the screen back then, So I would imagine her FC age would tie in with her real age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

thought ben was at a sex show last night..."kiss her......now...er..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

thought ben was at a sex show last night..."kiss her......now...er..."

I wonder will little Ben blurt out to Maeve that daddy kissed and made up with mammy.

cofy wrote: »
    I wonder will little Ben blurt out to Maeve that daddy kissed and made up with mammy.

Funny he never said to anyone that he saw mammy kissing Tommy Dillion, would love him to say that to Esther and Dolly :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 JDunphy

It is funny how jo fecked off to cork without going near dublin for a year but now she is everywhere like a bad smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eddie and ethser...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Zil2011

stevieob wrote: »
    I reas that somewhere also. The interesting thing was the episode after the Will "was read" the voiceover girl introducing FairCity said it about Rachel splashing the cash, (Anyone else pick up on this?) which never happened in the episode..... Could it be that there were 2 different stories and they ran with one which didn't include Rachel?

It seems Rachel will get a cheque soon, on her 16th birthday - Apparently Rita was putting money by every week by for Rachel to get on her 16th birthday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

spanishgem wrote: »
    Suzanne and Damian in the park.. the screeching Suzanne!
    :eek: that was awful OTT

That Suzanne was an awful b1tch!! I really thought she was going to lose it a few times and lash out at Someone or other during her return. Still can't believe that Damien was serious about wanting to get back with her. :eek:

Wonder what Mark and Laura would have thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

when are we gonna see carol living with the bishops now that be comedy also zumo is wasted on FC
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I know what a wasted storyline opportunity from the writers :(

They should have a spin off series "Carol and the Bishops".

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

stevieob wrote: »

It seems Rachel will get a cheque soon, on her 16th birthday - Apparently Rita was putting money by every week by for Rachel to get on her 16th birthday?

Hopefully she'll use it to f&^% off out of the show. The only actress worse than Rita is Rachel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 JDunphy

walshb wrote: »

Hopefully she'll use it to f&^% off out of the show. The only actress worse than Rita is Rachel.

She is not as bad as the first girl who played rachel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

No i will have to chime in and say Ben is pretty poor, granted he is a kid, but compared to some of the kids in eastenders he is put to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Yvonne up to her old tricks!

Poor ben.

Damo and suzanne nah they won't go there now that she has a baby. They much happier not married.

Neasa and Darren...

Louise and ryan will they really stay together?

is Suzanne gone for good

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Doesn't explain why the RTE announcer said before the show that Rachel was going on a spending spree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Pretty sure Darren was doing the 'singing' in the Meteor Christmas ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JDunphy wrote: »

She is not as bad as the first girl who played rachel.

Oh god, that girl was the worst actress in the history of acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

On Sunday, Darren told Bela that Bela owed him Darren's First Communion money, which, according to Darren, Bela had given to Kay McCoy. Why did Bela give her the money? Did Bela have an affair with Kay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

endakenny wrote: »
    On Sunday, Darren told Bela that Bela owed him Darren's First Communion money, which, according to Darren, Bela had given to Kay McCoy. Why did Bela give her the money? Did Bela have an affair with Kay?

I took that to mean that bela drank it in Kay's pub

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Tommy grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yvonne is hilarious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement