Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

I enjoyed the scenes with Ama and the kids and the bitchy wife. The whole kidnapping storyline is absolute mince but sure feck it maybe the McCormacks have a hot tub out back and they will invite Judy & Luke around for a key party.
    Then Damien will swing in on a jock strap and save the day..

Anyone else wonder if Callum "disappeared" with Ruth on purpose to wind Niamh up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

branie wrote: »
    Her room was probably upstairs, and if she hopped out, she could have broken her neck!
    She could have thrown her bag out first and used it to break her fall !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

The most memorable aspect about tonights episode was when Stephen won a bottle of wine and a small teddy bear in the raffle for the shelter which raised, wait for it, 250 quids. The look of absolute elation and joy on Stephens face and the way he held the prizes aloft was priceless. Methinks the teddy would be a nice gift for Svetlana?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

"Silkrex, quality products. For shiny, silky, sensuos hair"

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

branie wrote: »
    Her room was probably upstairs, and if she hopped out, she could have broken her neck!

So, what's the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Shocking acting by all participants in the McCormack slavery tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The Ama storyline is HILARIOUS. I actually can't laughing. It's like a pantomime or a farce or something. It's like the most harmless kidnapping and over-work I've ever seen.

Ridiculous.

If they wanted to write a story about human trafficking and abuse or whatever, they could have at least tried. This is, perhaps, one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen on telly.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

the big grinny head on Stephen, love it!!! Payne, DO SOME FUGGING WORK instead of posing and looking like a sad dawg in the bar ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I don't get the Ama hatred at all. She's stuck in a bad story, but she's doing as good a job as anyone could. If the writers give her a bit of character I think she'll be great.

The real problem is Doctor Melodrama and his wife. Cliche doesn't begin to describe it. It's like no-one at any stage thought of them as anything but The Baddies. Have they really kidnapped Ama? Why? Why would he lock her in? Presumably she collects the kids from school, or hangs out the washing. She's not actually a prisoner in the house. So what's the point, except to show us that he's evil?

Rubbish, in other words, but not the actress's fault.

he locked her in a gave her a cookbook lol , i couldnt help but laugh

that doctors wife acting was so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

is suzanne and louie gone for good ?
    I remember reading somewhere that the writers felt that Suzanne as a character had run its course and she would not be returning.

Louis still has plenty to offer I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Shannon looks like yer wan from the Addams Family

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Shannon looks like yer wan from the Addams Family

Indeed...Wednesday Addams is a pale, dark-haired, grim-looking little girl who is fascinated with death and the macabre who seldom smiles....Shannon to a tee!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

while I am sure that some exploitation does take place, of au-pair/nanny people, Ama must have come in through some sort of agency and should have reported the McCormacks... then again this is FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Stephen winning the prize and Orla's face was really funny. Well played FC. Not a lot of comedy these days.

Callum is winding Niamh up - she will end up divorcing Paul or killing Callum in the end.

Stephen winning the prize and Orla's face was really funny. Well played FC. Not a lot of comedy these days.

Callum is winding Niamh up - she will end up divorcing Paul or killing Callum in the end.

Stephen deserved a bit of luck for a change. I feel sorry for the guy surrounded by fools. We all know that Stephen could successfully run McCoys on his own. The Orla wan and Loser Molloy spend most of their time chatting unproductively rather than selling drinks which when all is said and done is what a public house is supposed to do. It must really irk Stephen to watch in horror at how badly run McCoys really is. I bet that he and Svetlana have many a good laugh talking about the farcical talking shop that is McCoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Stephen deserved a bit of luck for a change. I feel sorry for the guy surrounded by fools. We all know that Stephen could successfully run McCoys on his own. The Orla wan and Loser Molloy spend most of their time chatting unproductively rather than selling drinks which when all is said and done is what a public house is supposed to do. It must really irk Stephen to watch in horror at how badly run McCoys really is. I bet that he and Svetlana have many a good laugh talking about the farcical talking shop that is McCoys.

Who the hell is this "Svetlana" character you're always on about ffs?? :rolleyes:

If Callum and Niamh end up doing the nasty can Wayne please please please be the one to catch em at it, c'mon writers, hear me plea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

If Callum and Niamh end up doing the nasty can Wayne please please please be the one to catch em at it, c'mon writers, hear me plea

How would that even work??? Not the nasty bit, I understand that part (got a book from mum when I was 35), but Wayne walking in on them???

dixiedan wrote: »
    Who the hell is this "Svetlana" character you're always on about ffs?? :rolleyes:

A ghastly misunderstanding resulted in Stephen being forced to obtain a judicial separation from his now ex wife, Samantha, who lives with their 6 children and 15 grandchildren in a top secret location somewhere in Cork City. Ever since this traumatic event he has been co habiting with the new love of his life, Svetlana, a very pretty Latvian pole dancer. I understand that he continues to provide for Samantha and he and Svetlana pay regular visits to Cork City under cover of darkness. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,775 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Wayne was going to turn himself in to the cops, cowardly f*cker

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

How would that even work??? Not the nasty bit, I understand that part (got a book from mum when I was 35), but Wayne walking in on them???
    In the back of a car at the garage that is if Niamh didn't end up smothering lover boy or busting the rear shocks.

Ah don't worry about the details, it's Fair City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Where is McCormack from? He has more accents than yer man's cousin in Raw..

As for the kidnapping/Ireland's full of racists and bag robbers storyline - what a load of shít! Ama, McCormack and his wife are a disgrace. The kids were far more competent actors!

Carol has been very funny recently.. Where did Johnny come from? New leading man?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

:mad: No episode this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

RVD420 wrote: »
    :mad: No episode this evening.
    Thank God for small mercies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Ya no ep tonight that's happened a couple of Sunday nights lately hasn't it? Why's that I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Gal44 wrote: »
    Ya no ep tonight that's happened a couple of Sunday nights lately hasn't it? Why's that I wonder...

It is for budgetary reasons, there are less people watching on a bank holiday and RTE are in trouble financially. They reduced the amount of episodes this year by 8 episodes and tried to pick dates that wouldn't effect people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Vahevala wrote: »
    It is for budgetary reasons, there are less people watching on a bank holiday and RTE are in trouble financially. They reduced the amount of episodes this year by 8 episodes and tried to pick dates that wouldn't effect people. :(

Oh God I hope the BBC and ITV are not in trouble I couldn't live without Corrie or Eastenders :)

• Advertisement

123balltv wrote: »
    Oh God I hope the BBC and ITV are not in trouble I couldn't live without Corrie or Eastenders :)

Perhaps the BBC or ITV will take on Fair City should RTE go bust :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement