Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Temaz wrote: »
    Please don't let her near the pub and stealing Stephen's screen time.
    desbrook wrote: »
    I've heard of lotto wins bringing misery to people's lives but a raffle win in McCoy's to help the shelter ?? Poor man - they must have been after the teddy bear and bottle of wine.

BMN3YzhCUAAzidt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

If Damien put a bun in Amas oven would that give her right to stay in the country ?
    I wonder could she ever persuade Damo to f%%k off to Zambia with her ? It would be an ease to us viewers not to have to watch him and his facial expressions

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

moy83 wrote: »
    If Damien put a bun in Amas oven would that give her right to stay in the country ?
    I wonder could she ever persuade Damo to f%%k off to Zambia with her ? It would be an ease to us viewers not to have to watch him and his facial expressions

To be honest, I think Damo has lost his marbles.. delayed reaction maybe since the time Susanne used to beat the sho!te out of him.

Meanwhile so many questions still unanswered..

Does Durmish/Jo/Benny know the lovely Maeve is back in town?

Is Tommy still in hospital or is he gone into rehab?

Is Wayne still not talking to Dolly?

Why is Gooeyes called Gooeyes? (His eyes aren't that gooey..are they?)

Did the voluptuous Niamh buy any bright coloured clothes yet?

etc..etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

moy83 wrote: »

And we'll all chip in to make sure they take Maeve with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

kinkygirl wrote: »
    I'd sooner chip in and give goo eyes a few euro to make her suffer before she goes anywhere . WTF is wrong with Sean to want anything to do with her ???

• Advertisement

my gaydar goes off when i see goo-eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh lord, Damien n amma story is just so cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

kinkygirl wrote: »

and a few of the dillons too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I don't like to make personal comments - back I'm going to -

Why do Vivienne's and Maeve's facial features start half way down their face? Oh bring back Lucy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Would it not be easier and make more sense for Wayne to just simply convince Sean that Maeve is just not into him, instead of this cringeworthy attempt at a mock relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Sean you could do a million times better he's a good looking fella :)
    and Maeve is a bit old and wrecked looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Mave's face looks bit like your man in the 1985 Mask movie with Cher in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

jxmbHCL.jpgBiiFem5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

cofy wrote: »
    Would it not be easier and make more sense for Wayne to just simply convince Sean that Maeve is just not into him, instead of this cringeworthy attempt at a mock relationship.
    I think it's an attempt to inject some 'comedy' to the show, Carol's attemt to quit smoking is another nothing storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

But then we'd miss out on all the farcical set-ups "with hilarious consequences" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

But then we'd miss out on all the farcical set-ups "with hilarious consequences" ;)

Oh Harry my dear, I don't know whether to laugh or cry:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I think it's an attempt to inject some 'comedy' to the show, Carol's attemt to quit smoking is another nothing storyline.

yeah but at least that makes sense. Carol's attempt to quit smoking is the best storyline Fair City has had in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

yeah but at least that makes sense. Carol's attempt to quit smoking is the best storyline Fair City has had in a long time.

Well they do read this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

desbrook wrote: »
    Well they do read this thread!

Is it just a coincidence that Laura was wearing normal clothes last night, instead of the usual Lycra?? They're obviously taking notice of some of the comments that were made about her here last week ;):D

(I know it was a Sunday so she wouldn't have had her pilates classes and I know that Fair City is recorded a few weeks in advance but please don't shatter my illusions!)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,763 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe Wayne will finally get some new lovin after Lucy now with Maeve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

dixiedan wrote: »
    To be honest, I think Damo has lost his marbles.. delayed reaction maybe since the time Susanne used to beat the sho!te out of him.

etc..etc..

I'd love to know the origin of this bizarre nickname. My 2 cents is his first name might be Frank, and some genius called him "Goo Eyes" as a nod to Frank Sinatra being "Ol' Blue Eyes".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

RVD420 wrote: »
    I'd love to know the origin of this bizarre nickname. My 2 cents is his first name might be Frank, and some genius called him "Goo Eyes" as a nod to Frank Sinatra being "Ol' Blue Eyes".

Wow ...that's really far fetched and totally unbelievable . Probably right :D it is FC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Please excuse my ignorance but who is Gooeyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Please excuse my ignorance but who is Gooeyes?

00076d92-630.jpg

The bald man to the right of the picture, unleashing a world of terror on the female Bishops. He is Goo Eyes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Love the way goo eyes is meant to be a hard nut, but comes across as a middle aged gay actor from wexford!

goo goo eyes is a romantic look....prob something to do with soap and prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

dixiedan wrote: »

etc..etc..

I laughed out loud when I read these questions, especially the one about Tommy gone to rehab ! We are left guessing as to what the answers are
    dixiedan, all will be revealed.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,763 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damo and Ama in love already :eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

RVD420 wrote: »

Maybe a sideways reference to Frog Eyes.

I am thinking Limerick. c 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Maybe a sideways reference to Frog Eyes.

I am thinking Limerick. c 2007
    I'll never forget that...witness statement "they were wearing balaclavas, but i'd recognise those eyes anywhere" (cue pic of man with huuuuge eyes)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Ama fled Zambia to escape an arranged marriage. However, she has rosary beads. That means that she is a Catholic. Therefore, the storyline doesn't make sense because only Muslims and Hindus do arranged marriages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement