Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

endakenny wrote: »
    Ama fled Zambia to escape an arranged marriage. However, she has rosary beads. That means that she is a Catholic. Therefore, the storyline doesn't make sense because only Muslims and Hindus do arranged marriages.

I bet Stephen (the best bloody barman bar none) could marry Ama and keep her very happy (along with svetlana) in a Ménage à trois....Stephen certainly would not be constrained in any way by any of the worlds major religions....he just gives her his ring and says "you're my wife now"!!!

Snap snap, wink wink, say no more, SAY NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ama fled Zambia to escape an arranged marriage. However, she has rosary beads. That means that she is a Catholic. Therefore, the storyline doesn't make sense because only Muslims and Hindus do arranged marriages.

And travellers!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

It's great the way everyone just discusses there business in the middle of phealens. Why couldn't damo ask Wayne to marry his bird when he got home. And when does a Rose seller ever stroll in to a pub in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kinkygirl

It's great the way everyone just discusses there business in the middle of phealens. Why couldn't damo ask Wayne to marry his bird when he got home. And when does a Rose seller ever stroll in to a pub in Dublin

There is little..if any reality or continuity in FC.

After the Maeve/Wayne/Sean 'comedy' scene tonight, Maeve walked past Dermish, and not even a polite Hello was exchanged between them, as though they were strangers.

Off topic, I want Paddy Bishop in every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Rainbow_Bright

Anyone else notice FC's Cleo on the new Coke ad? I was half expecting Lucy to show up with a Coke bottle with Dolores' name on it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Why is Orla wearing a large ring on her wedding finger? Is she secretly engaged or married?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Well I was nearly crying when carol was slagging Yvonne about her love life. More casualties than World War Two, you should build a wall of remembrance

Hahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

It seems some way plausible she would convert to christianity, with christian missionaries in schools and whatnot.

every time carol laughs all i can think of is this

she sounds like patty and selma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I thought Suzanne gave divorce papers to Damien when she came home for Ritas funeral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i swear I had a dream last night that i moved into a new house and i was living with the mcormacs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

pookiesboo wrote: »
    I thought Suzanne gave divorce papers to Damien when she came home for Ritas funeral

Yea I THINK as she is domiciled in Australia she can get a divorce under Australian law . (Much quicker) This divorce then has to be recognised here...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I hate carols nasty side when she is so petty. Even when it's directed at Yvonne.
    I felt sorry for Yvonne
    Ha Sean got his mean streak on

How would Leo not know how much financial doodoo he was in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Lisha wrote: »
    I hate carols nasty side when she is so petty. Even when it's directed at Yvonne.
    I felt sorry for Yvonne
    Ha Sean got his mean streak on

How would Leo not know how much financial doodoo he was in!

Did it ever occur to him that it might be a good idea to check the bank records at some point in all that time he spent "managing" the place? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I can safely say that Leo's trip to Florida with Shannon is off

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

branie wrote: »
    I can safely say that Leo's trip to Florida with Shannon is off

I'm not sure if I can cope with all the teenage angst strops that are sure to follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Sean just started 3 consecutive sentences with 'you know'. I dont know if this was an intentional hidden joke or just the usual script writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Yvonne Doyle and Sumo are going to get it on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What did carol do to Yvonne? Missed the last few episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

Is that the station open again? Who's running it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Vanderlay Industries

What did Yvonne take out of Farrell's wallet??? I got distracted by twitter & then couldnt understand the rest of the episode. Bloody social networking reducing my attention span to that of a goldfish....ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

What did Yvonne take out of Farrell's wallet??? I got distracted by twitter & then couldnt understand the rest of the episode. Bloody social networking reducing my attention span to that of a goldfish....ðŸ˜

Drugs (of the non-prescription kind).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Bag of coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The answer is in the first 30 seconds of this scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,763 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ama: It is legal Zumo: Are u :p

Ama has more chemistry with "Declan" and Zumo than Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Decco and Zumo are way better actors and don't make stupid faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Boombastic wrote: »
    Yvonne Doyle and Sumo are going to get it on
    Yup I think you're right there . If not Yvonne then I can see him getting his freak on with Caddle .
    Is he still a FC virgin ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

As I said already Doctor McCormack had more chemistry with Ama than Damo. Poor Damo looks as though his head is about to explode when any form of stress arises no matter how small. In my professional opinion he is suffering from what we psychiatrists call PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. As regards Ama he is in a constant state of hypervigilance, is often jumpy and is easily startled.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Fave line from the episode.

Ama: Is it a joke?

Zumo: No it's French

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I can see Ama's perfume-selling sideline ending well. How long will it take before Deegan sees her selling Zumo's wares? If you're an illegal immigrant and trying to keep a low profile, you don't go selling hookey perfume on the street for a well-known petty criminal :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement