Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

As I said already Doctor McCormack had more chemistry with Ama than Damo. Poor Damo looks as though his head is about to explode when any form of stress arises no matter how small. In my professional opinion he is suffering from what we psychiatrists call PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. As regards Ama he is in a constant state of hypervigilance, is often jumpy and is easily startled.

Sure what other way wold he be? Didn't his parents kill each other or something then the wife beat him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Bag of coke

Looked brown to me so more horse than Charlie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

ryanf1 wrote: »
    What did carol do to Yvonne? Missed the last few episodes

She hacked into her online dating page, set her up with a fake date then printed out her online profile and stuck copies into the menus of the restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Sean is really annoying, so childish over the Maeve story. Granted the whole story was childish but he overreacted.

I felt sorry for Yvonne, delighted she has one up on Farrell, his comment was very cruel and uncalled for. Will be good seeing him get knocked off his perch.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

I like zumo :D ama would be a nice girl for him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I like zumo :D ama would be a nice girl for him :D

I think Goo Eyes Delaney is more Zumo's style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Marcusm wrote: »
    Looked brown to me so more horse than Charlie!

Brown sugar . . Just like a bad boy would :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Can't believe Farrell is on the junk.. He's looking awful well. :confused:

Can't believe Farrell is on the junk.. He's looking awful well. :confused:

Carol really can pick em

Forgive my ignorance but how likely is it that some one can be an occasional heroin user? In media it is usually portrayed as a constant need to feed the heroin addiction, while coke for example can be purely recreational!
    Or is FC once again modifying facts to suit a mad storyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Zumo has been a character 3, 4? years now i anticipate? All he does is slug around after Mary Harney, wear tracksuits or make threatening remarks, far bigger than his 5 foot high frame would allow him to make in reality. True, he aint pretty but since his introduction i cant think of any other fc character, apart from Stephen who hasnt had some form of relationship. We get it, the guy likes tracksuits but ffs give him something normal to wear. The whole Zumo being gay proposition would be very believable at this stage and would add a great layer to his character. Oh, and FC, the only funny characters you have are wayne, orla and, occasionally, Carol and Christy, so stop the lazy 'comedy' attempts and just make cringeworthy unbelievable, drawn out and inconsistent drama. Thats your speciality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Why doesn't Damian's sister have a Civil Partnership with Ama? It's not like she doesn't fancy her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Why doesn't Damian's sister have a Civil Partnership with Ama? It's not like she doesn't fancy her!

I was thinking that also, excuse my ignorance but would it work (legally) she having a gay civil partnership as opposed to a male/female partnership. If so then they should do it. Who knows maybe Ama is gay, would make an interesting plot, Damien dumped for his sister. They seem to have no chemistry between them anyway. Certainly spice things up around the house and in carrigstown!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Of course yeah ...she's a lesbian and every lesbian fancies every woman :rolleyes: . Just like every straight woman fancies every man ...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

desbrook wrote: »
    Of course yeah ...she's a lesbian and every lesbian fancies every woman :rolleyes: . Just like every straight woman fancies every man ...:rolleyes:

well it's laura or wayne...she doesn't have to fancy them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Lisha wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance but how likely is it that some one can be an occasional heroin user? In media it is usually portrayed as a constant need to feed the heroin addiction, while coke for example can be purely recreational!
    Or is FC once again modifying facts to suit a mad storyline
    As far as I know it's possible to be a heroin user and also have a relatively normal life. I can't remember where I heard/read that but it surprised me too.
    I guess we're more used to the stereotypical depiction of a heroin user wearing cheap clothes/tracksuits, being strung out and robbing to feed their habit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Locking him in her apartment? WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Ah Carol take it easy its only anadin

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

"Strung out" Faddle is hilarious. They should've gone all Trainspotting and have baby Jack crawling on the ceiling while Faddle descends into his cold turkey hell! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

Ye couldn't write it.

I thought so too Laura but.....turns out....the Fair City writers managed it !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I think that episode was pretty good. You don't mess with Yvonne Doyle!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I think that episode was pretty good. You don't mess with Yvonne Doyle!!!

FC does two things well - dark stuff ( such as Farrelll and Yvonne) and comedy ( Carol and Yvonne) . Anything inbetween and they are f***ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

RVD420 wrote: »
    "Strung out" Faddle is hilarious. They should've gone all Trainspotting and have baby Jack crawling on the ceiling while Faddle descends into his cold turkey hell! :D

Faddle being a junkie came out of the blue.. they could have strung it out a little - (ha ha/groan!!) - to make it more believable. Why did we get no hint of his habit before...

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

desbrook wrote: »

And why don't Laura and Yvonne ever have a a little flirt? Are they cousins as well as everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Did those guys inspecting Leos licences have the authority to issue an on the spot fine???

Where was faddle hiding his syringe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Sorry, but I thought Yvonne was lesbian, she had a relationship with a woman, and a baby emerged from a womb somewhere by sperm donor who was given to yer wan with the lovely locks and the constant black clothes.

So why is she looking for an Adonis (male) on the net?

Oh god, this soap has me in bubbles!

But I love it. Because it is so bad!

Yvonne is a fantastic villian :)

Probably one if the best actors on FC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Sorry, but I thought Yvonne was lesbian, she had a relationship with a woman, and a baby emerged from a womb somewhere by sperm donor who was given to yer wan with the lovely locks and the constant black clothes.

So why is she looking for an Adonis (male) on the net?

Oh god, this soap has me in bubbles!

But I love it. Because it is so bad!

She came back form Aus after her 1st child was taken of her for her drug use. She was with a blonde woman who i thought she was going to go back to Aus with. She then had a one nighter with Paul resulting in the baby girl Niamh has now adopted. Complicated love life she has had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    She came back form Aus after her 1st child was taken of her for her drug use. She was with a blonde woman who i thought she was going to go back to Aus with. She then had a one nighter with Paul resulting in the baby girl Niamh has now adopted. Complicated love life she has had.

Ah...thanks for filling me in. So Yvonne is bisexual.

Hmmmm.. Handy for the scriptwriters!

But then again, I probably should get out more, but I hate missing that feckin soap. I must be mad. Still RTE player means my social life is not TOO affected!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Lisha wrote: »
    Yvonne is a fantastic villian :)

Probably one if the best actors on FC

Ciara O'Callaghan is a class act(or).

Last year's meltdown when Rita was dying / dead was great too. A powerful performance. Puts her on-screen siblings to shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement