Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lisha wrote: »
    Yvonne is a fantastic villian :)

Probably one if the best actors on FC

Love her banter and bickering with Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

edelweis wrote: »
    And why don't Laura and Yvonne ever have a a little flirt?
    I seem to vaguely recall a scene between the two of them some time back in McCoys where they were discussing love or something which I think led to some speculation on here that they might hook up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Lisha wrote: »
    Carol really can pick em

Forgive my ignorance but how likely is it that some one can be an occasional heroin user? In media it is usually portrayed as a constant need to feed the heroin addiction, while coke for example can be purely recreational!
    Or is FC once again modifying facts to suit a mad storyline

In Switzerland they have safe spaces for general run of the mill people to go and shoot up on a registered basis. High lasts for however long it lasts then you return to work, home etc. As I understand it, it's more possible to run a normal life with heroin than coke (which has side effects like paranoia etc). Junkies have bad lives because of other things they do, sleeping on the streets, drinking to deal with downtimes etc. Methadone causes health problems because of additives including sugar (which seriously rots the teeth in many methadone patients). Heroin is an opiate most closely related to morphine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Phillipethe3rd

Does anyone else think the writers came up with farrells heroin addiction the other day, when he said he was going to his mothers? There was no signs beforehand, he was totally together. Is it even possible to do heroin on a nightly basis and suffer no consequences the following day?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Does anyone else think the writers came up with farrells heroin addiction the other day, when he said he was going to his mothers? There was no signs beforehand, he was totally together. Is it even possible to do heroin on a nightly basis and suffer no consequences the following day?

In Fair City anything is possible!

• Advertisement

new spoilers typed by me :) enjoy

Damien and Ama are apprehensive as they wait.

Ama is torn about the proposition.

Maeve admits her feelings to Wayne.

Wayne unwittingly lies to Maeve about his past.

The pressure grows for Leo.

Carol chastises Leo for firing her.

Judith's nice dinner is ruined.

Leo is stunned by Paul's contract.

Carol and Farrell enjoy their first evening together.

Leo resolves not to disappoint Shannon.

Judith is exasperated by Caoimhe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Phillipethe3rd

coolhull wrote: »
    In Fair City anything is possible!

I'm only a new fan to be honest, but this story just seems totally underdeveloped!!

can i also add that Ciara O'Callaghan aka Yvonne is the best fair city charactetr ever if she ever left i might stop watching shes so great

she would be well able to handle herself in a uk soap she would be a perfect fit for eastenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

cofy wrote: »
    Did those guys inspecting Leos licences have the authority to issue an on the spot fine???

Very professional outfit. I like how the tough talker said to the 'thick' one "C'mon" like he was talking to his dog.

Ama, who despite her dodgy accent, speaks almost entirely in Hiberno-English didn't understand the meaning of 'fell off the back of a lorry'. That was a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 davidhhhh

Hi Guys) Best part about Fair City must be this thread). I have been out of the country for more or less that last year so I have missed a lot of FC. I have to be honest it was really gone downhill. I know it was never the greatest show in the world (part of its charm), but the latest story lines are just ridiculous. The Zambian girl working for Zumo, Leo been raided/not checking his books and the whole Wayne, Sean and the teacher thing is just crazy. Anyone else feel that it’s just unwatchable at the moment?

• Advertisement

davidhhhh wrote: »
    Hi Guys) Best part about Fair City must be this thread). I have been out of the country for more or less that last year so I have missed a lot of FC. I have to be honest it was really gone downhill. I know it was never the greatest show in the world (part of its charm), but the latest story lines are just ridiculous. The Zambian girl working for Zumo, Leo been raided/not checking his books and the whole Wayne, Sean and the teacher thing is just crazy. Anyone else feel that it’s just unwatchable at the moment?

Its so bad that we have to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

coolhull wrote: »
    Its so bad that its great, we have to watch!

Fyp Coolhull :)

HOW IS Leo going broke

does he own his own house

he owns the smart office

getting rent for 4 tennats and has the cab office to boot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If Caddle married Faddle, would she be known as Caddle Faddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Ama, who despite her dodgy accent, speaks almost entirely in Hiberno-English didn't understand the meaning of 'fell off the back of a lorry'. That was a first.

I can't blame her completely for that one, we have some strange colloquisms, (sp), I have a Spanish friend who asked me why Irish people 'turn around to say something to someone' eg ' and I turned around and I said to her'. She thought we must be very dizzy with all this turning around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

vektarman wrote: »
    I can't blame her completely for that one, we have some strange colloquisms, (sp), I have a Spanish friend who asked me why Irish people 'turn around to say something to someone' eg ' and I turned around and I said to her'. She thought we must be very dizzy with all this turning around.

Lol you can just imagine all the wee irish people spinning around while having a good gossip. :D

I'm with you in that, but was pointing out the fact that someone supposedly from Zambia (?), where English is the first language speaks Irish-English almost perfectly.

Don't think that's unique to Ireland though. Use in British English too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Im fairly sure that someone made a reference to Faddle being strung out or something a few weeks ago (cant find the post)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That was a spoiler afair
    I thought it was a joke

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I liked that post where someone said something like:

Carol: You're very relaxed and calm all the time aren't you? (Carol was noting this when she was dying for a cigarette).
    Farrell: That's cause I'm off my face on heroin!

Okay thanks for the info, my Spanish friend probably wasn't aware of that as she lives in Ireland, I'll pass that on to her.

Not sure if that was sarcasm. Was just pointing it out.. :o

Not sure if that was sarcasm. Was just pointing it out.. :o
    Okay, no probs, I had removed it in case it was misinterpreted..:)

I missed a couple of episodes recently, did Tommy get his wish and go home or did he go to the rehabilitation centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I missed a couple of episodes recently, did Tommy get his wish and go home or did he go to the rehabilitation centre?
    Nobody knows, the whole storyline has been left hanging in mid-air in typical FC style.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Went to rehab and I presume it is in Kilkenny :P

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Went to rehab and I presume it is in Kilkenny :P
    Yeah. there isn't a rehab place anywhere in Dublin. Everyone knows that.smile.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    She came back form Aus after her 1st child was taken of her for her drug use. She was with a blonde woman who i thought she was going to go back to Aus with. She then had a one nighter with Paul resulting in the baby girl Niamh has now adopted. Complicated love life she has had.

I thought that was niamh's baby. I really should pay more attention

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Someone suggested that Damien has PTSD. I had that in mind watching the last couple of episodes, and I think it's spot on. He's on a very short fuse. When he tackled Zumo in the park it looked like he was aching to beat someone up.

Esther is great at the moment. Talking about Sean's "mojo" with women. "You have great definition on those... pectorals." :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Someone suggested that Damien has PTSD. I had that in mind watching the last couple of episodes, and I think it's spot on. He's on a very short fuse. When he tackled Zumo in the park it looked like he was aching to beat someone up.

Esther is great at the moment. Talking about Sean's "mojo" with women. "You have great definition on those... pectorals." :eek:

And who say that FC doesn't educate us! :)

If Ama takes 'Declan's' eye then a battle with Damien is on the cards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement