Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Meave: I have things in my past too, worse than yours

iKXZ4te1LNKKU.png

Meave: I have a willy

il6k0c3xvngCx.png

Wayne: Well, nobody's perfect.

iKXZ4te1LNKKU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Maeve deffo had a traffic cone in her house in college, and that was a highlight of her college years and she still talks about it i bet!
    I heard she brought 2 harp pint glasses home from the pub one night:P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    The accountant divulging personal details about his clients. Hmmm.

that's faircity!! Very out of character for dermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I thought that Farrell was going to tell Carol the truth last night. But he didn't so the lovely Yvonne still has the power over them.

I'm kinda looking forward to Carol getting even though. It's bound to be worth it.

Loved the way we were given advanced warning of Tormented Tommy's return to Carrigstown. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 davidhhhh

No,he is an ass face)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 davidhhhh

People, people you just do not understand the idiosyncrasies of the human mind. Paul Brennan with his incessant mood swings exhibits all the obvious traits (to the trained eye) of the bipolar disorder sufferer. :cool: He is not and never has been an "assface". I observe him and am fascinated by his profound kaleidoscopic array of peculiar mannerisms.

And I see that the Orla wan had some other toy boy dude behind the bar tonight. Where is Stephen (the best bloody barman bar none)????:confused:

No he is an Ass Face)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Missed a couple of episodes, so I may be missing something but...why did Faddle agree to move in with Caddle? Yvonne, presumably, is threatening to report him to the po-po or the Law society or whatever, but she wants him to move in with Carol so she can call social services and get Jack taking from Carol?

Wouldn't the police and whoever regulates solicitors or whatever find out that way too? And wouldn't Farrel be even more disgraced on account of a child being taken away from its mother because Farrel's a junkie? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Missed a couple of episodes, so I may be missing something but...why did Faddle agree to move in with Caddle? Yvonne, presumably, is threatening to report him to the po-po or the Law society or whatever, but she wants him to move in with Carol so she can call social services and get Jack taking from Carol?

No but I'd say Yvonne would love to see Carol heartbroken, or crush as much as she can out of Carol and Fad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Wayne buying an empty carton of milk in the shop. You think they'd at least fill it with water to make it appear full

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Can I ask when did Sean agree to go back to work in Spar? I thought he told Christy he wouldn't while Val was there - did I miss something??!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Jaysus, hasn't Dolly really let herself go :eek: She looks like a shrivelled up old hag....she used to look so well in the past. Personally, I blame Lucy (who I want to see back in Carrigstown I have to admit ) for the trauma she caused to Dolly !!

How long has Faddle been a junkie.. he seems to get the heebee jeebees a lot and must get his fix immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

That Maeve wan is a real goer - 4 blokes in as many months?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Wayne buying an empty carton of milk in the shop. You think they'd at least fill it with water to make it appear full

I thought I was seeing things. So glad someone elses spotted that. I had to double take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

dixiedan wrote: »
    How long has Faddle been a junkie.. he seems to get the heebee jeebees a lot and must get his fix immediately.
    I don't think he is a real junkie just yet. The other night, I saw him sipping from a bottle of water, a real junkie would have had Coke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I'm guessing Yvonne is setting Carol and Farrell up so that she loses custody of the kid.
    Did anyone else notice when Orla was showing her trashy magazine to Dolores in the shop she said "see this one has been cheated on her husband 8 times but shes still with him" and the page she had opened was of some 80 year old looking fella

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

pookiesboo wrote: »
    I'm guessing Yvonne is setting Carol and Farrell up so that she loses custody of the kid.
    Did anyone else notice when Orla was showing her trashy magazine to Dolores in the shop she said "see this one has been cheated on her husband 8 times but shes still with him" and the page she had opened was of some 80 year old looking fella

Or was it Paul Brennan first thing in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Did Zumo move out of Carol's flat? There could have been some great storylines there with Faddle and Zumo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

dixiedan wrote: »
    Jaysus, hasn't Dolly really let herself go :eek: She looks like a shrivelled up old hag....she used to look so well in the past. Personally, I blame Lucy (who I want to see back in Carrigstown I have to admit ) for the trauma she caused to Dolly !!

I'd look like a shrivelled up old hag too, if I just lost €900,000 :D

jos28 wrote: »
    I'd look like a shrivelled up old hag too, if I just lost €900,000 :D

True enough..but let's face it.. She starting to go downhill before being scammed of her inheritance ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Farrell is a decent addition to the cast for sure. I bet he has a dark side to him (apart from the drugs of course...they are mostly white in color :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I am loving Wayne and maeve. never thought I would say I liked Wayne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Wayne was always cool until they the writers gave him a character transformation, ala Paul Brennan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Wayne was always cool until they the writers gave him a character transformation, ala Paul Brennan.

I agree with your sentiments Mick. There are far too many bizarre "character transformations" happening among the vulnerable cast of Fair City for it to be healthy. It must be very depressing for an actor to be subjected such cruel actions by the script writers who willy nilly induce schizophrenic ailments onto the unfortunate actors. Poor soldier Paul Brennan for one has been subjected to these sinister conditions for most of his adult life and as a result the poor guy is now as mad as a hatter and is as unpredictable as the Irish weather. I fear for the long term psychological health of these unfortunate actors following their disgraceful treatment by these odious script writers. :mad:

surely Farrell would of bought a lot of drugs at once instead of buying every day , in very episode he is looking for a fix ?

its what I would of done lol

(i am not a drug taker)

surely Farrell would of bought a lot of drugs at once instead of buying every day , in very episode he is looking for a fix ?

(i am not a drug taker)

Maybe something to do with the law...if you have a small amount then you do not get charged?
    Also, I thought when he goes to his mom, he is getting his fix...is he actually buying them then daily?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Maybe something to do with the law...if you have a small amount then you do not get charged?
    Also, I thought when he goes to his mom, he is getting his fix...is he actually buying them then daily?

Yes, though apparently he visits her sometimes as well. :rolleyes:

It does seem quite odd to be buying it every single day. The time, extra expenses and ongoing risk in doing all that could all be divided by half or quarter by just skipping days. What about days people are sick, or as flippant as it may sound christmas day and such? Yet it's not completely logically flawed so it's hard to say for definite if it's unrealistic, anyone willing to share their expertise...? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

(i am not a drug taker)
    I don't think he buys them every day going by the amount that was in the bag Yvonne found.

I think he finds it difficult to find the time to get away to his little hiding spot to cook up, and that's when the problems start.

Why does Yvonne refer to him as a smack head??

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I

To tease him...doing what Yvonne does best - pushing and pushing to get her way :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

padd b1975 wrote: »

Because it says so in the script silly :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement