Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mike hunt Jnr

Right I know it's a soap and it's not real but I still like to have a good moan about it. So here goes. Luke strolls into the surgery with a picnic basket to see will Judith go for an early lunch. Yeah as if a doctor is going to abandon her paitents to go for an early lunch. Farrel goes to meet the private investigator in the community centre. Why there? Why not somewhere more private. Jesus Christ just a bit of commen sense please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

Someone suggested we all watch live one night and comment here. I think it's a good idea. Anyone interested? Maybe tomorrow?

that was me!! Il be on live tomorrow for the craic, I think the in the moment reactions/comments are hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Do you not think this Farrell/yvonne storyline is a bit mad. Would it not make sense that Farrell would sit carol down and tell her he has an addiction, needs her help and support and that Yvonne is blackmailing him. I know carol is anti drugs, but she would be a big help to him to stay clear with help from therapists etc. Then they could turn the tables on Yvonne. Once again a fair city storyline make no sense!!!!
    Exactly what went through my mind, but Yvonne keeps reminding him that his career would be ruined, that might not happen but it's enough to keep him in Yvonne's grasp....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Great patient confidentiality there from vivenne telling the whole waiting room the baby is missing an immunisation.
    +1 on this, also Paul discussing his and Leo's financial arrangements at the garage in front of the mechanic. There's no secrets in Carraigstown.

jack would have a better chance at life with louie

surely Yvonne did not forget he used to be a junkie also ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

jack would have a better chance at life with louie

surely Yvonne did not forget he used to be a junkie also ?

I don't think Yvonne really cares too much about Jack, she just wants the pub. She herself was a junkie in Aus.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I don't think Yvonne really cares too much about Jack, she just wants the pub. She herself was a junkie in Aus.

everyone a junkie :D these days

I hope she does get the pub Yvonne is the greatest soap bitch ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

everyone a junkie :D these days

I hope she does get the pub Yvonne is the greatest soap bitch ever

Everyones a junkie but me :(. May start a new habit. Yvonne would be a great landlady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

I love Wayne!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,297 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Caddle-Faddle-Yvonne story is pathetic. Every time Yvonne asks something of Faddle he deifiantly rejects, all for 2 minutes, and then he's dancing to her tune. And what is the story with this "every day" hit he needs. Like he's a robot or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm dying to see what Faddle's PI finds on Yvonne. WTF could she possibly have in her past that would shock her family/customers (I didn't mention friends because she has none). They know she has been a junkie, had 2 kids which she gave away, schemed to have her sick mother moved from her nursing home, had a stint as a lesbian ........
    What's left :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

jos28 wrote: »
    I'm dying to see what Faddle's PI finds on Yvonne. WTF could she possibly have in her past that would shock her family/customers (I didn't mention friends because she has none). They know she has been a junkie, had 2 kids which she gave away, schemed to have her sick mother moved from her nursing home, had a stint as a lesbian ........

He'll find out she had a head transplant and her sister (real life and on screen) didn't notice.

for all the work leo seems to be doing hes onscreen a lot....

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Zumo and Vivienne really look like mother and daughter, don't they?

Zumo and Vivienne really look like mother and daughter, don't they?

was that intentional? :D

Do you not think this Farrell/yvonne storyline is a bit mad. Would it not make sense that Farrell would sit carol down and tell her he has an addiction, needs her help and support and that Yvonne is blackmailing him.

I've never been a junkie who fell in love with someone whose son was killed because of a heroin deal. But if I am, it might not be the first thing I say over the romantic lasagne.

nice_very wrote: »
    was that intentional? :D

No! But I stand by it! :D:eek:

I bet Johnny is a racist.

faddle should get val to just look at the door and it will fly open lol

Best two characters tonight are the private detective and the woman in the community centre with tattoos on her arms. I do like Farrell though.

• Advertisement

and theres Neasa :)

TOMMY TIME wo oh oh oh oh wo oh oh here comes the hurley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Carol V Yvonne, the heat is on!

What's Farrell threatening Yvonne with? I bet it's something about the boyfriend who died in a crash. Did she kill him?

Two of us tonight, NiceVery. I think it's worth building up. Maybe Sundays would be a good start?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Farrell have any office?

Yvonne buying pints for Val and Christy and sitting down to chat about Carol and not one person there finds it odd :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What's Farrell threatening Yvonne with? I bet it's something about the boyfriend who died in a crash. Did she kill him?

Two of us tonight, NiceVery. I think it's worth building up. Maybe Sundays would be a good start?

Farrell has nothing agains't Yvonne that isn't known. I don't think there is any either.
    Sunday's a fail for Farrell where he leaves the balcony open with Jack alone with the Gardaí in Vinos etc, but all the action is on Wednesday when Carol realises all the betrayal Farrell has.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Farrell have any office?

Yvonne buying pints for Val and Christy and sitting down to chat about Carol and not one person there finds it odd :rolleyes:

There's no record of us seeing one and I haven't heard him mention it but it's probably assumed. It's a bit dumb, Carol remembers telling Farrell she was going to the shop and that he sort of "didn't hear her leave" is complete crap when he replied when she said it to him. The writers need to be more imaginative but it is getting better all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Nicely timed cut to the ad break lads.

Can't be going around damaging set doors when we can't even afford to fill the milk cartons purchased in the shop.

im normally not at home of a sunday evening, but fire away hubba :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

jos28 wrote: »

Didn't she try to diddle her brothers and sisters out of their mother's inheritance by suggesting they clubbed it together and then she was going to try and oust Bela out of his home.... or something incredibly heartless like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

I think Faddle is the best actor on at the moment - he's flawed but genuine, corrupted and conniving but devoted to Caddle and Jack. He's the Tony Soprano of Carrickstown!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement