Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Carol is digging her own grave with her irresponsible behaviour. No sympathy. And her reactions post-incident in the pub were nasty.

Stephen kept a very cool head behind the bar amid all the chaos in McCoys after would be Harry Houdini "Baby Jack" went AWOL while strapped securely from his pram. What a very naughty little boy he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Whatever about a drug addiction but does Farrell not realise that aiding and abetting in a child kidnapping is a much more serious offence..

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

vektarman wrote: »
    Whatever about a drug addiction but does Farrell not realise that aiding and abetting in a child kidnapping is a much more serious offence..

Isn't Farrell a solicitor? Sure what would a solicitor know about the law?biggrin.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Do they not have CCTV in McCoys Pub? It would have been the first logical thing to check for the missing toddler and his movements/abductor?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Phillipethe3rd

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Do they not have CCTV in McCoys Pub? It would have been the first logical thing to check for the missing toddler and his movements/abductor?

Yikes I better tell Yvonne about that hospital bin!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Lisha wrote: »
    I reckon there is a good explanation for old mans death to be explained yet
    There is, it all comes out next week.
    Paddy says the old guy tried to abuse him, and that's why he killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Keith got a mention last night. Where's he gone?and yer one Una he was tipping. Two good believable characters.

Why can't they find decent scriptwriters?i find sometimes its actually not the acting thats bad its the rubbish they've been told to say. Completely unbelievable in certain circumstances. Makes the show look 100x as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,292 ✭✭✭✭walshb

They're setting up Wayne to fall for Orla!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

walshb wrote: »
    They're setting up Wayne to fall for Orla!

I think Wayne and Orla would be perfect together. And the added bonus is it might get Maeve off the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Keith got a mention last night. Where's he gone?and yer one Una he was tipping. Two good believable characters.

Unless I'm mistaken Una does missionary work in Sierra Leone and Keith is travelling the world with his brother Finn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Jikashi wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken Una does missionary work in Sierra Leone and Keith is travelling the world with his brother Finn

That's a coincidence - Carol used to do some "missionary " work aswell . She doesn't like to talk about it now though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

desbrook wrote: »
    That's a coincidence - Carol used to do some "missionary " work aswell . She doesn't like to talk about it now though :D

I would have thought she preferred to be on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Murdoc90 wrote: »

Why can't they find decent scriptwriters?i find sometimes its actually not the acting thats bad its the rubbish they've been told to say. Completely unbelievable in certain circumstances. Makes the show look 100x as bad.

The cheek of Wayne calling Keith a dope - pot kettle black :rolleyes:

Una is working with the missions and Finn and Keith are travelling together around the world, wish all three would return

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Who told Orla that the Katherine Lynch look was in vogue??

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Does that necklace say 'maybe'? Maybe not I'm thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Carol is like a magnet for gangsters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

desbrook wrote: »

Carol didn't do "missionary" work. Tracey did. Billy Meehan had an affair with Tracey and probably the other prosititutes in his employ.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carol should have knocked Yvonne out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Carol didn't do "missionary" work. Tracey did. Billy Meehan had an affair with Tracey and probably the other prosititutes in his employ.

I thought she did as well. Don't they reference it sometimes?

Unless you mean Carol was more of a cowgirl/69/doggy type of gal...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

That big mouth Farrell ruined everything for me. Carol was just about to avail of my professional services when big mouth coke head ruined everything.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Johnny and Orla, a match made in heaven...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I thought she did as well. Don't they reference it sometimes?

Unless you mean Carol was more of a cowgirl/69/doggy type of gal...?

She has been (in no particular order) Mayoress of Carrigstown, Bar Owner, Barmaid, Worked in the shop, switch operator in Acorn Cabs.. don't think she was a brasser though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ok, a few things,
    WTF was Orla wearing on her neck, "maybe" never!!!!

the woman pushing the buggy in the park as Yvonne walked towards Carol, "maybe" they should have put a child in it, knew from the sound if it there was no child in it, as she turned the corner you could see clearly. Once again great cinematography from FC.

I felt so sorry for Carol. She does love jack, and she did love Farrell. She has been through a lot, and she really isn't a bad person. I hope she has a wonderful revenge on Yvonne.

Finally, I felt sorry for Yvonne a few weeks ago, now it's Carol, instead of being enemies "maybe" they should join forces and become the godmothers of carrigstown mafia. "Maybe" ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Oh I forgot, all I could think of as Carol was having a go at Yvonne & Farrell, was gift grub Daniel taking her off. You filthy toerag you :-) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

She has been (in no particular order) Mayoress of Carrigstown, Bar Owner, Barmaid, Worked in the shop, switch operator in Acorn Cabs.. don't think she was a brasser though...

Yet......wink.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Carol should have knocked Yvonne out

It looked like she was moving to, but she just sort of nudged her into the armchair instead. Yeah, that'll learn her...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

So has Carol lost Jack now?

Even from the time Jack hit his head, remember Brennans daughter was minding him? There was always something. In fairness the actor who plays Carol is very good.

Perhaps it will just die down and be forgotten about for a few weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

eviltwin wrote: »
    I think Wayne and Orla would be perfect together. And the added bonus is it might get Maeve off the show.

I don't think this would be a good match at all. Orla is far too clever for Wayne, she would have no respect for him. She would wipe the floor with him. He needs someone who would be into him and not just out for herself. Of course it would make good tv and sur' isn't that what it is all about ?

when will rte start rexording fair city in HD

catching up on rte player it looks like a grain of salt on my labtop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

when will rte start rexording fair city in HD

catching up on rte player it looks like a grain of salt on my labtop

Don't they already film in HD? (God, I'd hope so otherwise you have to wonder what RTE are doing with the TV licence and all the money that goes into FC.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement