Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

remind me of this again :o

Meabh reflecting on her absent mad bas*rd college mate who rolled the "portumna parsnip"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

tajd wrote: »
    what did "yvonne" called bela griefer of the year lol

Just watched it again, am in knots

Ester and dermissh scold Yvonne for being too tough on bela
    Yvonne shouts over
    'Da you've two more fans over here, (excellent hand twirling gesture) why don't you go a lap of honour, grieving widower of the year ' stomps off

Simply hilariously done, well done ciara o Callaghan

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

was it just me or did maeve's "college crowd" look more like people that would only be in college now, very young compared to her.

loved yvonne's line with bella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

SPOILERS UP TO THE END OF THE MONTH
    Tommy tries to get things back on track
    Airs Wednesday, Jan 23 2013 at 20:00

Tommy covers for Judith when she arrives home at breakfast. He reprimands her recklessness and she is defiant. A picture of Luke and Tommy as children makes her wonder about Tommy's capacity for forgiveness.

Later, Tommy makes an effort to reconnect with an intimate dinner, and assures her that although he can never forgive his brother, he will forgive her because of his commitment to their family.

Meanwhile, Dermot argues with Jo in front of Ben about her bad advice last night. He regrets crowding Maeve and hopes to reconcile today. However, she is shocked when she breaks up with him and insists it's nothing to do with Jo. Esther is disappointed in Maeve and suspects Jo of trying to come between them. Jo is pleased to learn of the break-up and comforts Dermot.

Elsewhere, Paul is reluctant to let Rachel spend her inheritance on shopping, but is satiated for now by her gift of an expensive shirt. Shannon envies Rachel's new wealth and they plan how she could spend the money.

Tommy urges Judith to make a choice
    Airs Thursday, Jan 24 2013 at 20:00

Judith is growing weary of Tommy behaving as though they have normal family problems to work through. Luke manipulates her into having him over during the day, and Tommy walks in on them kissing. Zak has sprained his wrist at school and Tommy came to bring Judith to the hospital. He angrily reminds them of his rule that Luke is not welcome in their home.

Throughout the day, Tommy makes Judith feel guilty for neglecting her family and putting them at risk with her indiscretion. Luke assures her that Tommy is overreacting, but she begins to suspect that he enjoys Tommy's suffering. Tommy tells Judith she can't have it all and will have to choose whether she values her family or the affair more.

Meanwhile, Dermot is glum after his break-up. Ben is hopeful for their family to be restored and tries to cheer Dermot up. Maeve reveals that she spoke to Jo about needing space yesterday, meaning Jo's bad advice to Dermot was intentional. Dermot confronts Jo for sabotaging his relationship and she accuses him of never taking responsibility for any of his problems.

Elsewhere, Rachel considers an expensive handbag. Bela and Niamh support her enjoying her money and Shannon pushes her to be more extravagant with it. She and Shannon spend a day in town spending Rachel's money. Rachel hides the handbag from Paul and feels guilty about her reckless spending.

Judith lays down the law with Tommy
    Airs Sunday, Jan 27 2013 at 20:00

Judith tries to put family first by planning an afternoon with the children and rejecting Luke's invitation to see him. She is disappointed by her children's lack of enthusiasm, and Tommy ruins the afternoon with veiled bickering about her infidelity. Judith goes to Luke but he rejects her, saying he's busy now and that she has to respect his life too and can't suit herself. He thinks it would be easier if she left Tommy to be with him openly.

Judith returns to Tommy and tells him that she is no longer willing to follow his rules and will see Luke on her own terms, knowing that truly she has no control of either relationship.

Meanwhile, Paul discovers that Rachel's new handbag cost €450 when he spills jam on it. He is appalled at her spending and confiscates both the bag and her bank card. Paul means to return the bag, but Niamh feels sorry for Rachel and conspires to help her keep it. She persuades Paul to allow Rachel to keep the bag, but she has her own agenda and asks to borrow it immediately for a meeting tomorrow and a social event later in the week.

Elsewhere, Dermot is outraged to learn that Jo has used Ben against Maeve, when Ben tells Maeve that he and Jo will make Dermot happy, not her. Ben later hears them arguing and defends Jo, saying that he won't let Dermot send her away again. Jo promises Ben that she's staying, but Dermot later tells her that she can't stay in his house. Dermot is stunned when Jo threatens him with legal action.

Judith puts her family first
    Airs Tuesday, Jan 29 2013 at 20:00

Judith plans to meet Luke this evening, and Tommy sets about planning a family dinner to detain her. He tells Luke that she won't be meeting him, and Luke reveals that he rejected her on Sunday. Tommy then tells Judith that Luke is playing games and gloated about his control over her. She confronts Luke, who fails to reassure her.

Later, Judith attends the family dinner. To Tommy's satisfaction, she rejects a call from Luke, committing to spend the entire night at home.

Meanwhile, Dermot is frustrated with Jo for putting him in the position of having to reject time with Ben to avoid her. Maeve encourages him to continue the salsa class, and he is hopeful that this could be a gesture of reconciliation. He asks her to go for a drink later and they are both mortified when she clarifies that their romantic relationship is finished.

Elsewhere, Paul and Wayne decide to have a contest to prove themselves as car salesmen. Wayne will be selling the cars he sources himself, while Paul sells those on the forecourt. Wayne is considering buying a Ford Cortina from a widow eager to get rid of it for €500. Ray is caught between them. An investment Eddie recommended has made Wayne some money and Paul considers availing of Eddie's investment services.

Also today, Orla loves working in McCoys and would love to manage it by herself. However, she knows Yvonne would become territorial at the suggestion. Bob suggests that Orla should impress Yvonne so much that it leads Yvonne herself to come up with the idea of Orla managing. Yvonne is unimpressed with McCoys' accounts, so Orla plans a promotional night for the following day to encourage business.

Luke is left disappointed once again
    Airs Wednesday, Jan 30 2013 at 20:00 GMT

Tommy tells Luke the affair is over and that Judith has made her choice. Luke comes to Judith for reassurance and they agree to meet later. Judith reprimands Tommy for meddling and hesitates to assure him that she wants him more than Luke.

Judith forgot Caoimhe's birthday and agrees to Tommy's birthday dinner plans to assuage her guilt. She assures him that she intends to return to married life, and he warns that he can't wait forever. Luke is frustrated when Judith once more cancels their plans in order to spend time with her family. Tommy is relieved.

Meanwhile, Orla is more determined than ever to make her promotion a success when Yvonne tells her that she doesn't think she's management material. She insists the event is a surprise, but admits to Bob that she hasn't come up with an idea yet. At the last moment, Orla holds a very successful happy hour but is dismayed when Yvonne informs her that happy hours are illegal and she could have lost McCoys' licence. Yvonne decides to advertise the manager position.

Elsewhere, Paul and Wayne continue bickering. Wayne buys and auctions the Ford Cortina against Paul's advice, earning €50,000 for the garage. Paul is jealous. Eddie pushes an investment opportunity to both of them separately.

Also today, Jo and Dermot continue to clash over their living arrangement. Dermot objects to confusing Ben by acting like a family, and Jo makes it clear she won't leave without a fight.

Judith's affair reaches breaking point
    Airs Thursday, Jan 31 2013 at 20:00 GMT

Luke convinces Judith to cancel a girls' night with Neasa and Caoimhe to see him. When Tommy hears her plans, he guilts her into reconsidering and tells Luke that family will always come first for Judith. Luke is disappointed to learn that Judith has indeed decided to keep her family plans and he threatens to end their relationship.

Judith allays Luke's doubts, and he tells her that she must prioritise him more. Tommy stirs Judith's nostalgia and joins her evening with the girls. He tells Luke that the affair is over, and Luke feels insecure to see Judith with her family.

Meanwhile, Yvonne gives Orla a very hard time about the manager position, but tells Bob she's just teaching Orla a lesson and will hire her. Eventually defeated, Orla has a drink with Niamh while she works. Yvonne, coming to offer Orla the job, finds her drunk and imitating her, with the pub open an hour late. Orla has ruined her own chances.

Elsewhere, Paul envies Wayne when he speaks about a big investment that Eddie has recommended. Paul approaches Eddie about the investment, but Eddie plays him by telling him to think carefully as he's heard Paul is very cautious with his money. Paul organises a poker night to prove he can take calculated risks and is annoyed when Wayne attends. Eddie enjoys the competitive tension between Wayne and Paul and uses it to spur Paul into investing with him.

Also today, tensions remain high between Jo and Dermot. After giving Dermot some space, Jo returns with fresh resolve to force him to recognise them as a family. She is shocked when he confesses she's making his life miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Wake me up when the snorefest that is 'Blackie Connors is shagging my wife' saga ends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is Ben the parent now?! That exchange between himself and Dermot there would indicate that he is! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

walshb wrote: »
    She is a stunner. Very classic look. Liz Taylor/Kim Novak kind of look.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9552/specsavers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh Judith had a house call alright.....one that kept her our all night...also known as a booty call! Herself and Luke are at it non-stop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

And I thought I was bad at comforting people!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

It's cool that the actors who play Tommy and Luke knew each other as kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 JDunphy

I would love for somebody to wipe the smug look off the fat tarts face.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,843 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

leahyl wrote: »
    Is Ben the parent now?! That exchange between himself and Dermot there would indicate that he is! :-P

He is a little bully

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Doc Dillon and Blackie seem to be at it like rabbits! Stomach churning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭username84

Hey lads - for those of you from the past thread who said they read the blog
    http://iheartfaircity.blogspot.ie/ New post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

JDunphy wrote: »
    I would love for somebody to wipe the smug look off the fat tarts face.

I'm not clear if the locals know all about her affair with your man...if they don't , Dermot should tell them.

Judy's affair with Luke is worse than Tommy's affair

dixiedan wrote: »
    I'm not clear if the locals know all about her affair with your man...if they don't , Dermot should tell them.

Only Niamh and Orla know it was Tommy I think

Jo and Judy need to be embarrassed rightly in front of all of Carrigstown

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

looks like you all want Judy and Jo tarred and feathered and chained to the carraigstown bus top for the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

looks like you all want Judy and Jo tarred and feathered and chained to the carraigstown bus top for the day!

Jo and Maeve are the ones I'd like to see run out of the show.

No redeeming features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

That bag Rachel brought in was nearly as big as herself. Hard to believe she's supposed to be 16.

The false sympathy shown by Jo to Dermot after his break up ... She's a hypocrite!

As pointed out here, everyone should know about her.

I never thought I'd say this....Bring back Lucy :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

it's uncomfortable viewing to see a wife cheating on her husband ...vice versa never seems as bad.
    But why? so strange!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Sweet mother of God. Just watched last nights episode.

Looks like the writers are back to the same crap after the funeral .

I'd strangle Jo if I was near her.
    Dermot's a fool. Maeve is an ejit.
    Rachael's going to be lead astray.
    Esther needs her gob stitched.
    As for tweedle dumb and tweedle dee and tweedle d'other. That storyline is a farce of the highest order.

Bring back Rita, just so we can bury her again

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I just watched last night's episode, a couple of things struck me, Bela called Dermot 'Bob' during their chat in the community centre.
    Also, why is Esther acting like Dermots guardian angel, did I miss something? Why does she dislike Jo?

Hitchens wrote: »
    it's uncomfortable viewing to see a wife cheating on her husband ...vice versa never seems as bad.
    But why? so strange!:confused:

Any affair and cheating is bad but Judy's affair with her brother in law and her husband knowing is just sick imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

vektarman wrote: »
    I just watched last night's episode, a couple of things struck me, Bela called Dermot 'Bob' during their chat in the community centre.
    Also, why is Esther acting like Dermots guardian angel, did I miss something? Why does she dislike Jo?

When Louise and Ryan were leaving last week he also said "Good luck now Bryan" ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

When Louise and Ryan were leaving last week he also said "Good luck now Bryan" ;):D

If the director wasn't so obsessed with sausages he'd notice these things. :D

Esther is close to Dermot as they work in the same building plus she helped get him with Maeve and she knows Jo cheated on him but dont know who with yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Your son is in a&e!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

yayyy Stephen makes a long awaited appearance "thanks lads" - short but to the point and brilliantly delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

nice_very wrote: »
    yayyy Stephen makes a long awaited appearance "thanks lads" - short but to the point and brilliantly delivered
    'twas fleeting ...but a definite spot :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement