Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

which actor is worse doug or the garda ? doug cant stop moving ,the garda is like a robot only his head moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Some very weird vibes from Conor and Paddy ! !
    Are the secret life partners or what?!

Lisha wrote: »
    Some very weird vibes from Conor and Paddy ! !
    Are the secret life partners or what?!

maybe he jealous of his family he did say im notting to no one

maybe he jealous of his family he did say im notting to no one

I dunno I thought the same last week when they talking

ok that where does that leaves me was weird . could they be a couple ?

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just like a blood brothers thing , you and me against the world .

Kinda getting vibes of when Darren's friend killed the swan in lovehate

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Callum's desperate to stay out of prison, so why did he not think to tell Rachel to keep her voice down at the end? She's shouting at the top of her voice about lying to the cops, with Niamh a couple of feet away, and he sits there all calm and cool.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Are Paddy and Conor lovers?

deelite wrote: »
    Are Paddy and Conor lovers?

I'm not sure, think it might be that Conor thinks that Conor saved or rescued after the abuse and then protected him in prison.
    Twould suit paddy to be hero worshipped

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This paddy and conor thing is weird and pointless doug cant act to save his live orla nearly in tears after she has only liked wayne 5 mins and the fact i want to smack paul every time i see him now i think fc is begining to drive me mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Wayne gone for good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

shamrock55 wrote: »
    now i think fc is begining to drive me mad

I know how you feel shamrock55 as Fair City has the same effect on my fragile mental state. Viv with her new blond streak at the back of her head. Orla pining for the Loser Molloy while the patrons in McCoys get the DT's. The constabulary failing to properly interrogate and breathalyse the 4 drunken joyriders after the car crash. Paddy Bishop spinning a yarn that he was abused and Viv falling for it hook line and sinker.
    Oh and we are in store for yet another murder in the tiny community of Carrickstown
    . It makes me mad! Mad I tell you
    ! :mad:

jjf1974 wrote: »
    which actor is worse doug or the garda ? doug cant stop moving ,the garda is like a robot only his head moves.

The young one who plays Rachel seems to have got worse at acting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Maybe it's just like a blood brothers thing , you and me against the world.

Possibly a fair city writer read somewhere something like "it can't be over-emphasized how close people can become after years of being together in prison" and went and completely over-emphasized it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

is that ur man paddy is going to kill?

on Wednesday he does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

She seemed very hurt when Callum hooked up with Yvonne,

When did that happen ? The lucky duck !

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

If anyone is interested in ratings and such, here's a good blog. Things are going well.

http://blog.mindshare.ie/2013/07/in-dublins-fair-city/

moy83 wrote: »
    She seemed very hurt when Callum hooked up with Yvonne,

When did that happen ? The lucky duck !

Callum hooked up with Yvonne, that never happened :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Dear writers ,
    please refer to common sense when writing stories such as the car crash last week . I don't expect you actually speak to any members of the Gardai about their procedures ( known as research ) but the afformentioned common sense might be of great assistance to you .

It would tell you that Callum would be by far and away the most likely person to have been driving the car and that the Guard at the scene would have formed that opinion even initially at the road side . It was his dad's garage that the car was borrowed from and he was the only one of the four insured to drive it . By the time they were back to the station Callum's previous convictions would have come to light and serious suspicions would have been raised . Even "Shaggy" from Scooby Doo would have interviewed them separately at that point !!

You will note I'm ignoring the fact that no-one came to the car immediately after the impact (even the guy on his mobile at the other car) . I know you are very busy changing characters personality's every week so the guy on his phone - previously caring - must have suffered such a tranformation and become a callous fiend . Such a cruel world !

Back to common sense or its rarity because the it was certainly in short supply in last night's episode . Despite the evidence that there should be doubt about Doug driving the car the Guard's first reaction to Dougs admission was "you don't want to be adding perjury to all this " . For your information perjury writers is willingly and knowingly stating in court a lie. This time even "Fred " from Scooby doo would have asked him did he want to change his statement or mentioned his previous one .

Before I go writers ,please make sure Pete gets on to his solicitor to give Doug legal advice . This shouldn't be a problem as the legal eagle should be busy helping "Paintbrush Pete " sort out his UK divorce - REMEMBER ?????:eek:

• Advertisement

Are we ever going to see Callum's mother surely Paul or Niamh would have contacted her by now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

on Wednesday he does

I know the topic says spoilers, but wouldn't it be better to put this inside spoilers tags anyway? I can't understand wanting to know something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Callum hooked up with Yvonne, that never happened :confused:

My mistake. I was thinking of Caoimhe.

it was caoimhe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

coolhull wrote: »
    But there's not a lot of work in Iran for barmen. Especially one who seems to swan in and out whenever likes.

Depends on what part of Iran. From my understanding, the government, the bankers, big shot businessmen, other rich people, Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians, and (because the govt there does not care either way) Sunnis can all drink (and the first 4 of course do and many of the others). Only poor Shias don't. Only poor Shias get punished for drink offences. We are likely to see huge changes for the better in Iran but Tehran will soon be (if not already) another crime riddled city with drunks and druggies.

As regards Wayne: he could charm his way to the top job there! Or sell sand to the Persians! And carpets. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Maybe it's just like a blood brothers thing , you and me against the world .

Kinda getting vibes of when Darren's friend killed the swan in lovehate

Yes, Fair City is getting very much into Love/Hate territory here. It is always good when the Bishops are in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I was full sure I missed an episode

Tony Tormey who plays Paul has an interview in the new RTE Guide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Scare City: Actor tells of soap killing

FAIR City star Andrew Connolly revealed that his character Paddy Bishop is to commit a murder so brutal on the soap next week that he doesn’t know if RTE will show it.

Andrew admitted Carrigstown’s psychopath appears in “horrendous” scenes next week as he slays an unsuspecting victim.

“It’s premeditated,” he said. “It’s terrific. We shot it the other night.
    “It’s very sad, very tragic and very disturbing. I don’t know if they’ll show all of it or what parts they’ll be allowed to show.

“It’s a horrendous act. It’s brave television I think. If they show it, it’ll be brave.”

Dubliner Andrew, who lives in LA, admitted shooting the violent scenes took its toll on him.

“It’s really tested me physically and emotionally because you have to play it real. I can’t do a pantomime baddie. I’m still exhausted from it,” he said.
    “You have to go to a place and summon up strength because you need to show the whole of it. It was physically and emotionally draining.”
    Andrew admitted that he hates his character but loves the role on the top soap.

“Paddy Bishop is a vile character and I have no liking for him whatsoever,” he said. “I like playing him but I don’t like him.”
    He revealed the soap writers are lining up a host of possible victims for Paddy.

“They’re lining up the victims as we speak,” he said. “There are a couple of people who have been upsetting Paddy, insulting his family.
    “The writers are doing a great job of setting up who the murder victim could be.”

He admitted that he now finds it difficult to unwind with a pint in his local as he character is so notorious.

“Sometimes I go for a drink locally and I’ve walked into town a few times but it’s been ‘Paddy, ya psycho, when are you going to kill Flynn?’

“So it’s not worth it.”

• Advertisement

spoiler's enjoy

Bob makes the moral choice by firing Amelia.

Ama breaks up with Damien.

Paddy is welcomed home with open arms.

Paddy starts to tell his children about his abuse.

Doug is tempted to make a deal with Paul. (money)

Leo discovers his house has been burgled

Leo finds a last resort (fish fingers) ???

Paul offers Doug less money.

Paddy starts to take ownership of Monastery Avenue.

Tommy comes home.

Judith welcomes Tommy home.

Niamh learns that callum has admitted he was driving.

Niamh realises the implication of going to the guards.

Callum has a narrow escape.

Pete apologies to Paul and Callum.

Charlotte plots revenge on Callum.

Charlotte puts her plan into action.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement