Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Paddy Bishop lives up to expectations. He is akin to Billy Meehan, Marty Halpin, the Flynns and other violent characters from Fair City (not to mention the Love/Hate boys: I would not be surprised if I saw the actor who plays Bishop in series 4).

Whether the abuse he suffered is a yarn or for real, he is not reformed or tamer obviously at all. God only knows what kind of murder it will be. We saw him fake a driving of a chisel to cut off a toe on an earlier victim to give him a fright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I hope it's some sort of drunken manslaughter ala The Field (at least we know it won't be Barry-style ;)). Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me and I would not believe it in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

Martin Tit wrote: »
    I hope they have a sex scene between Connor and Cass. 69 position.

a 2 girls 1 cup scene with Charlotte and Rachel

• Registered Users Posts: 16,581 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I missed last weeks episodes, was Paddy really abused or is he just spinning lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I missed last weeks episodes, was Paddy really abused or is he just spinning lies?

Paddy abused? Definitely! Sure didn't Dermot tell him the noticeboard was a mess weeks ago ? :D

• Advertisement

all lies

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Doug is a muppet to go along with Callum and Paul :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Did Rachel really say something like "everybody knows I cannot tell a lie" :confused:

A proper little saint in the making she is ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Very quiet on here tonight, surprisingly!

Paddy beginning to show his true colours behind closed doors. I have not looked at the spoilers, but I think Paddy's lodger could be his next murder victim, as I don't see Paddy restraining himself for too much longer. The look in his eye directly into the camera at the end of the last two episodes is one of sheer evil intent that will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He has manoevered himself nicely into Viv's good books, and boy, how long will it take for her to cop on? Felt sorry for Ray, he deserves some luck in love, and Viv is one nice sassy lady, not afraid to speak her mind.

Glad to see that there is a flicker of a conscience in young Callum. He may as well admit now that he drove the car, and give Rachel peace of mind. She is going to spill the beans, and there will be some showdown between Pete and Paul.

Damien.. Will he wait for Ama? I wouldn't bet on it.

FC great since Paddy arrived!

picturehangup

Connor reminds me of Billy Mitchell from Eastenders :P

• Advertisement

his the murder is a mystery 2 people defo on the cards are pete and connor

I hope fc don't kill conner that's just a cop out

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Viv is one nice sassy lady, not afraid to speak her mind.
    p

I don't see it, sorry!

his the murder is a mystery 2 people defo on the cards are pete and connor

I hope fc don't kill conner that's just a cop out

Haven't seen tonights yet but
    Why the fcuk should Paddy kill Pete
    :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

Paddy Bishop is one a really Bad dude so much so that he might even kill a camera man or perhaps a sound engineer for looking at him the wrong way. We now have a proper psychopath in Carrickstown. This is someone who could cull the deadwood in a few short weeks. My guess is that once he gets the taste of blood again Paddy will kill again, again and again. :eek:

Possible victims.........?????
    • Connor was abused by the youth centre dude and Paddy is spinning his story to the gullible Vivienne that it was him. Paddy cannot trust Connor to keep his gob shut due to his frequent drunken state. However he is his mate and I don't believe Paddy will kill him....yet!
    • Pete is really pissing Paddy off and could be a target for Paddy.
    • But my measured guess is that Callum will be his victim for what he did to Charlotte.

dixiedan wrote: »
    Did Rachel really say something like "everybody knows I cannot tell a lie" :confused:

A proper little saint in the making she is ! :D

A proper little cun.t more like. ;)

Pete is really pissing Paddy off and could be a target for Paddy.

Pete had a go at Viv about Charlotte lying and also at Rachel and Niamh about Rachel lying, Paddy told Pete to stop at the daughters or else

Pete is really pissing Paddy off and could be a target for Paddy.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Pete had a go at Viv about Charlotte lying and also at Rachel and Niamh about Rachel lying, Paddy told Pete to stop at the daughters or else

OK thanks. Just after watching. I knew from the first time he appeared that Paddy was one bad dude :P

Jaysus...the guy injured in the crash was in the same bed as first Christy, then Tommy :rolleyes:

Must be a special ward set aside in that hospital for Carrigstown casualties!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Jaysus...the guy injured in the crash was in the same bed as first Christy, then Tommy :rolleyes:

Yes, I did notice it seemed rather familiar!

• Advertisement

Must be a special ward set aside in that hospital for Carrigstown casualties!

I said this last 2 weeks ago maybe your man will pull through , after all it is the miracle bed

also strange there was no family in the hospital for the victim Rachel and Callum just looking in the window

where's the family

Quick question - Is Conor meant to have murdered Benny with Paddy or was he in jail for another crime altogether ?

desbrook wrote: »
    Quick question - Is Conor meant to have murdered Benny with Paddy or was he in jail for another crime altogether ?

I think they robbed a post office but the guy running it and killed was the pedo that's abused conor (I think)

I think they robbed a post office but the guy running it and killed was the pedo that's abused conor (I think)

Ah so robbery was the apparent motive . It's just that any prosecution team will try and lay a clear motive before the jury at the trial to help ensure they find the accused guilty .
    The fact that Paddy knew or didn't know Benny for years in his youth wasn't as likely to come up in Vivienne's mind. I say "as likely " because it's still hard to believe that it wouldn't have been mentioned by the presecution at some point if Paddy really was telling the truth . If Paddy is 44 now he was about 26 when the murder happened maybe younger so its within a decade of the abuse and totally possible Benny was still involved with the youth club . The whole thing should be very fishy to Vivienne .

I have to praise FC for the casting of the actors and storyline with Paddy and Connor, all well done major kudos to FC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Yeah, it's actually unfortunate they can't keep Connor around.

The chap who plays him is very good, and he and Paddy have an interesting dynamic. Let's hope they can continue to cast great actors--they have to be out there!

desbrook wrote: »
    Ah so robbery was the apparent motive . It's just that any prosecution team will try and lay a clear motive before the jury at the trial to help ensure they find the accused guilty .
    The fact that Paddy knew or didn't know Benny for years in his youth wasn't as likely to come up in Vivienne's mind. I say "as likely " because it's still hard to believe that it wouldn't have been mentioned by the presecution at some point if Paddy really was telling the truth . If Paddy is 44 now he was about 26 when the murder happened maybe younger so its within a decade of the abuse and totally possible Benny was still involved with the youth club . The whole thing should be very fishy to Vivienne .

1) How would the prosecution have a clue he abused him over a decade before that? :confused:

2) I disagree it "should be very fishy to Vivienne". He told Vivienne and she believes him, there is no reason for it to seem "fishy".

We know from what Conor said that the abuse took place, so the theory that he was making it up is false.

Also Paddy looks a bit more than 44 to me, how do you know he is 44? If I was guessing I would say the actor looks really good for his age but is a bit older.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

According to I read in the Herald today, Andrew Cunningham is 47 :eek:

I would have thought he was a lot older :D

1) How would the prosecution have a clue he abused him over a decade before that? :confused:

2) I disagree it "should be very fishy to Vivienne". He told Vivienne and she believes him, there is no reason for it to seem "fishy".

We know from what Conor said that the abuse took place, so the theory that he was making it up is false.

Also Paddy looks a bit more than 44 to me, how do you know he is 44? If I was guessing I would say the actor looks really good for his age but is a bit older.

Viv has always refered to the victim as "an old man " leading us to believe that he was unknown to Paddy .Lets say Paddy and Connor just "ramdomly " killed Benny one night as he walked home . When the gaurds were investigating their involvement the question of whether either of them knew Benny and how would be something they'd have to look at. Paddy's background would be well known anyhow to the police and the two would be linked. Ok the abuse mightened surface but the youth club connection would and Viv would know it from the trial.

• Advertisement

In parts of Dublin 35 yr olds look older than Paddy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement