Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I really liked Niamh tonight but a pity she didn't go to the cops and report Callum

Paddy teaching Charlotte some manners was good

wow I forgot how annoying teenagers girls are like Shannon is & her bloody yolo top

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I really liked Niamh tonight but a pity she didn't go to the cops and report Callum

I don't as a rule condone snitches but in the case of Paul and Callum I am prepared to make and exception. The script writers, who continue to ignore the thespian skills of Stephen, are really giving far too much slack for the Brennan hoodlums.

any notice the continuity error in fair city tonight

Shannon and val are chatting in the shop next scene with the bishops in the pub val is there drinking

When Pete was in the Spar shop with his red t-shirt I thought he was working there :P

• Advertisement

During the period 1st January 2013 to 30 June 2013 there were 100 episodes of Fair City. Bella Doyle appeared in 21 episodes, Charlie Kelly appeared in only 13 episodes while Stephen (the best bloody barman bar none) starred in a whopping 47 memorable episodes. :D

We salute you Stephen:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Does Doc Dillon secretly want to get back with Tommy?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

During the period 1st January 2013 to 30 June 2013 there were 100 episodes of Fair City. Bella Doyle appeared in 21 episodes, Charlie Kelly appeared in only 13 episodes while Stephen (the best bloody barman bar none) starred in a whopping 47 memorable episodes. :D

We salute you Stephen:cool:

Another mind blowing statistic...

We have been told that Stephen is "the best bloody barman bar none" about 30 times I reckon in the last 6 months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I used to really like Paul but I think FC have changed him not for the good. I hope he loses all his money

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

dixiedan wrote: »
    Does Doc Dillon secretly want to get back with Tommy?

I don't know if she does but I want them too and I think WHEN the truth comes out she will be reunited with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Blanchflower your stephen references are not funny. I'd even go as far as saying you are the worst contributor to this thread! (well apart from that guy who wrote about his musings on what paedophiles find attractive in youths) I thought I was the only one who was irritated by this but i see i'm not. Now I do see the comedy value of a near mute 'extra' but you take it too far and have actually taken the humour out of him! Sorry, but I felt i had to say this! Cue end of episode style shock stare from Blanchflower and roll the fair city credit tune (with the eastender booms to add extra emphasis to this moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I don't know if she does but I want them too and I think WHEN the truth comes out she will be reunited with him.

At least someone is interested in them. For me they outlived their purpose at least a year ago. Sure, give Caoimhe or Neasa new storylines as they run the pub.They are credible as two sisters and theres unfinished business between Laura and Neasa.
    The "love triangle " is boring beyond belief though with the same scenes over and over and over and over again. Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I was hoping that Niamh would. She summed up Callum fairly well at the end of the episode.

Paddy teaching manners is one thing, I think that scene was a hint towards his controlling and aggressive side. You could see that in Viv's reaction.

Tommy/Dr.J/Luke is boring beyond belief. I wish they'd do a Downton Abbey on it, get Tommy back on his feet so that he and Luke could finish the row and with any luck, they'd both fall from a height and we'd be finished with this tedium.

Whats the matter with Leo ? I know Val can be annoying but he was bloody rude to her when she brought over the casserole.

Radio5 wrote: »
    I was hoping that Niamh would. She summed up Callum fairly well at the end of the episode.

Paddy teaching manners is one thing, I think that scene was a hint towards his controlling and aggressive side. You could see that in Viv's reaction.

Tommy/Dr.J/Luke is boring beyond belief. I wish they'd do a Downton Abbey on it, get Tommy back on his feet so that he and Luke could finish the row and with any luck, they'd both fall from a height and we'd be finished with this tedium.

Whats the matter with Leo ? I know Val can be annoying but he was bloody rude to her when she brought over the casserole.

I still don't get why Viv moved him back into the family home :confused:

I still don't get why Viv moved him back into the family home :confused:

because his her mind been molested makes up for all the beating and rapes silly women :rolleyes:

but are they back together ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

because his her mind been molested makes up for all the beating and rapes silly women :rolleyes:

but are they back together ?
    He is in his own room, deco & zumo sharing.

How is paddy going to be caught out with his lies??

Can't wait to see Paul's demise!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

Radio5 wrote: »

I thought that Niamh telling Callum he would never be part of that family was a bit harsh. He didn't do the right thing fair enough, but he had a bad upbringing. Saying stuff like that to him could throw him over the edge instead of reforming him. She could have given him a lecture about doing the right thing, but not ostracize him like that just because she is jealous of his closeness to Paul.

Lorna123 wrote: »
    I thought that Niamh telling Callum he would never be part of that family was a bit harsh. He didn't do the right thing fair enough, but he had a bad upbringing. Saying stuff like that to him could throw him over the edge instead of reforming him. She could have given him a lecture about doing the right thing, but not ostracize him like that just because she is jealous of his closeness to Paul.

I think Paul was the worst making Rachel lie and not telling Niamh, bullying Doug to lie

Niamh should have been equally as mad at Paul and Rachel that was a bigger betrayal on their part imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Quick question guys - you have a choice - make Luke, Tommy , Judith and Zac dissappear forever without trace and get two new characters OR finish out the "love triangle" storyline which would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

desbrook wrote: »
    Quick question guys - you have a choice - make Luke, Tommy , Judith and Zac dissappear forever and get two new characters OR finish out the "love triangle" storyline which would you choose?
    Disappear the Dillons please, make it happen!
    The longest, most drawn out storyline... do they really think this is entertaining viewing?! I get the feeling the writers can't quite decide what to do with the 3 characters (I don't count Zach as a character, he's more of a... niggle).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,053 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Blanchflower your stephen references are not funny. I'd even go as far as saying you are the worst contributor to this thread! (well apart from that guy who wrote about his musings on what paedophiles find attractive in youths) I thought I was the only one who was irritated by this but i see i'm not. Now I do see the comedy value of a near mute 'extra' but you take it too far and have actually taken the humour out of him! Sorry, but I felt i had to say this! Cue end of episode style shock stare from Blanchflower and roll the fair city credit tune (with the eastender booms to add extra emphasis to this moment)

nail on head...non blachflower stephen posts can be hilarious....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

I think Paul was the worst making Rachel lie and not telling Niamh, bullying Doug to lie

Niamh should have been equally as mad at Paul and Rachel that was a bigger betrayal on their part imo

I do agree that Paul is really acting underhand in all of this. I didn't think he had that streak in him......money corrupts :D

Gibbonw2 wrote: »

Well Gibbon, that wasn't very friendly. I don't think I like you any more. In fact, I'm putting you on my enemies list on my laptop. :(

Only joking! See what I really wrote. "I REALLY like Gibbon".;)

I have to admit, as much as i'm irritated how the FC script writers monkeys have once again just altered a characters personality to suit a storyline, the new Paul is quite an interesting and deep persona. All the more reason why, its more or less guaranteed he will revert back to a dull non villanious father figure within the years end. It would be far more interesting to keep up his bad ways and for Niamh to leave him.

Rather witty reply Blanchflower, for you! Dont take it personally, i just feel it had to be said! You seem to have an odd sense of 'humour' which aims to irritate others and which you find is funny! I just feel if you drop the stephen references (especially that daft 'best bloody barman. . . . .) many here will be happier!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Lorna123 wrote: »

But this is Fair City. The script writers will probably decide soon that Niamh and Callum will be soulmates, and we won't hear another word about this disagreement. People in Carrigstown seem to change character and loyalty for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Why doesn't Doug just record one of his conversations with Slaphead? Get the truth about the driving, and get him for bribing too.

Fair city take note, that emmerdale crash was as dramatic and horrifying as ive ever seen in a soap

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

hi long time lurker on the fair city thread really enjoy reading I just want to ask all you fair city fans is rte plus one on sky and if so what number I missed faircity tonight and would like to record it on plus one thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

charlotte you beatch!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement