Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v3]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

This constant bickering and arguing in the Brennans household is getting boring, as is the neverending Dillon saga. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Blanchflower

coolhull wrote: »
    The accident involving Doug and Callum happened, what, three weeks ago? I've never seen a court case for drunken or even dangerous driving, come up so quickly. Especially since there's been no mention ever of Doug receiving a court summons.
    The crime rate in Dublin must be very low, if a driving offence can make it to court as speedily. In the rest of the country, it takes about a year.

This was such a dastardly deed that the full might of the Irish Criminal Justice System has been unleashed on these juvenile delinquents. :eek: Meanwhile the banksters who bankrupted the entire nation walk free and maintain their ill-gotten gains with impunity. Geldof was right when he described this place as a banana republic, septic isle!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

Rachel and Shannon are so miserable all they do is moan and pull grumpy faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Cass is getting a story line with him working in the Station?????

Time to throw the TV out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

This was such a dastardly deed that the full might of the Irish Criminal Justice System has been unleashed on these juvenile delinquents. :eek: Meanwhile the banksters who bankrupted the entire nation walk free and maintain their ill-gotten gains with impunity. Geldof was right when he described this place as a banana republic, septic isle!!!:mad:

you were watching reeling in the years too it seems, my dear Blanch :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Niamh isn't that bad lads lay off her

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

If they're going to have Bella,Chaz and Cass in the soap at least give them some decent storylines apart from going bowling. I'd be insulted if that's what they had written for me.

Also someone make a complaint about the station. Don't know what that was coming out of that tap but it certainly wasnt Guinness!

nice_very wrote: »
    you were watching reeling in the years too it seems, my dear Blanch :P

Not quite nice_very. For my sins I was a fan of the Rats back in the 70's:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Why does Rachel look like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz , all she's missing is the little dog in the basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Karen23 wrote: »
    Why does Rachel look like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz , all she's missing is the little dog in the basket.

Ha ha! I was just going to say that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Same here, what was she thinking wearing that dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

coolhull wrote: »
    The accident involving Doug and Callum happened, what, three weeks ago? I've never seen a court case for drunken or even dangerous driving, come up so quickly. Especially since there's been no mention ever of Doug receiving a court summons.
    The crime rate in Dublin must be very low, if a driving offence can make it to court as speedily. In the rest of the country, it takes about a year.

It takes about 8 weeks from getting caught to the verdict

• Registered Users Posts: 86,756 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul is a bully

Paul would make a good politician or banker!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

What do I see here? Moaning cos a story goes on too long and moaning cos a story progressess too quickly.....all on one page!

And no moaning at all about possibly the worst courtroom set ever seen on television.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

annapanna wrote: »

so was I
    LOL

This constant bickering and arguing in the Brennans household is getting boring, as is the neverending Dillon saga. :(

Well, Paul never changed! Remember the Blue Dolphin? What a hell of an office to work in? Unfortunately, there was nothing fictional about it: I've worked in ones like this in Dublin in the late 1990s (albeit in architecture than IT!) and it was the reason I went back to do a different college course!

Blue Dolphin I recall had Paul with his two wives/girlfriends (Niamh and Nicola) - with all shouting at each other - along with Donal Maher, who was calmer and tried to keep the peace. There was some weird terrorist guy who held Niamh as a hostage at one stage too. Fun place. Paul is still the same now as he was then - cocky, unorthodox, corrupt if necessary and arrogant. His character is true to life and Tony, the actor, really plays the office/work arrogant type very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

annapanna wrote: »

Yeah i thought that as well, they must have been trying to make her look like a little innocent girl. Not her usual style.

• Site Banned Posts: 87 ✭✭F35

Well, Paul never changed! Remember the Blue Dolphin? What a hell of an office to work in? Unfortunately, there was nothing fictional about it: I've worked in ones like this in Dublin in the late 1990s (albeit in architecture than IT!) and it was the reason I went back to do a different college course!

Blue Dolphin I recall had Paul with his two wives/girlfriends (Niamh and Nicola) - with all shouting at each other - along with Donal Maher, who was calmer and tried to keep the peace. There was some weird terrorist guy who held Niamh as a hostage at one stage too. Fun place. Paul is still the same now as he was then - cocky, unorthodox, corrupt if necessary and arrogant. His character is true to life and Tony, the actor, really plays the office/work arrogant type very well.

Ah the memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

along with Donal Maher, who was calmer and tried to keep the peace.

Morgan turn on the heating. Oh Daddy !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

If ever proof were needed that Fair City is really a subtle comedy it was last night . I won't even try and dissect the court scene (pleading to a charge sitting down ???? ) and will just stick to Dorothy - I mean Rachel . I watched it on +1 so purposely didn't read boards until 9.30 . What I found was at least ten of us here instantly thought Wizard of Oz with that outfit and probably tens of thousands watching it was SO OBVIOUS . I can only conclude that it was done as a joke .

desbrook wrote: »
    If ever proof were needed that Fair City is really a subtle comedy it was last night . I won't even try and dissect the court scene (pleading to a charge sitting down ???? ) and will just stick to Dorothy - I mean Rachel . I watched it on +1 so purposely didn't read boards until 9.30 . What I found was at least ten of us here instantly thought Wizard of Oz with that outfit and probably tens of thousands watching it was SO OBVIOUS . I can only conclude that it was done as a joke .

What about Tommy "Andy Pipkin" Dillon then????

• Registered Users Posts: 56,283 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Leo and Rachel's acting talent is wasted on FC. They should be in Hollywood on the big screen

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Is Judy wearing an inflatable bra or what...jeez she'll have someone's eye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Hi Everyone. It has been a long time since I have been on here,though I check - in & out regularly. I am loving Fair City at the moment. I love Paddy Bishop and all of the Bishop's. I think Andrew Connolly is a great addition to the show,a fantastic actor, also the actor who plays Callum - those guys can act! I'm not liking Cass, too OTT. Just wondering, does anyone know if Louie is returning?At least they explained his abscence unlike so many others who just disappear off screen for months. FC is definitely not the same without him. Also I think that it's not very realistic for him to leave and forget all about the pub, he was after all a ruthless business man. Yeah I know he left Yvonne in charge of his affairs and she in turn installed Orla as manager of McCoys. Now what would she know about running a pub, having worked in PR all her life and never having trained in the hospitality sector. Louie, please come back and sort out YOUR pub.

rogercar wrote: »
    Hi Everyone. It has been a long time since I have been on here,though I check - in & out regularly. I am loving Fair City at the moment. I love Paddy Bishop and all of the Bishop's. I think Andrew Connolly is a great addition to the show,a fantastic actor, also the actor who plays Callum - those guys can act! I'm not liking Cass, too OTT. Just wondering, does anyone know if Louie is returning?At least they explained his abscence unlike so many others who just disappear off screen for months. FC is definitely not the same without him. Also I think that it's not very realistic for him to leave and forget all about the pub, he was after all a ruthless business man. Yeah I know he left Yvonne in charge of his affairs and she in turn installed Orla as manager of McCoys. Now what would she know about running a pub, having worked in PR all her life and never having trained in the hospitality sector. Louie, please come back and sort out YOUR pub.

Fair City is at its best when the Bishops are in it. Louie was a good character too and I'd say he will turn up sometime. The Louie v Bob thing was good.

Gets me thinking what you said: a whole lot of characters just disappeared. Like Seamus McAleer, Sean McCann and Tara (his daughter), Seamus Mannion and daughter Emma, Malachy, Mick (the henchman of Billy Meehan and Sylvester Garrigan), etc. There was an Iranian family as well and a Russian brother and sister. The latter was married to Leo, and killed by a criminal. The former, ??? no mention.

Others like Donal Maher, Kay McCoy, Tara (Christy's daughter), Dr Brendan, etc. were all written out. Others of course were killed off.

I bet no one remembers Avril Winter or Chloe though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

So is there a Fair City episode on Sunday or not?

Apparently there's not supposed to be one as RTE said they weren't showing episodes of Fair City on Bank Holiday weekends anymore due to poor ratings.

Yet the Fair City site lists an episode for Sunday 4th August but I don't see it listed on any TV listings. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Fair City is at its best when the Bishops are in it. Louie was a good character too and I'd say he will turn up sometime. The Louie v Bob thing was good.

Gets me thinking what you said: a whole lot of characters just disappeared. Like Seamus McAleer, Sean McCann and Tara (his daughter), Seamus Mannion and daughter Emma, Malachy, Mick (the henchman of Billy Meehan and Sylvester Garrigan), etc. There was an Iranian family as well and a Russian brother and sister. The latter was married to Leo, and killed by a criminal. The former, ??? no mention.

Others like Donal Maher, Kay McCoy, Tara (Christy's daughter), Dr Brendan, etc. were all written out. Others of course were killed off.

I bet no one remembers Avril Winter or Chloe though!!

I hope that Louie does return. I think I remember Chloe, but not Avril.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

DeepBlue wrote: »
    So is there a Fair City episode on Sunday or not?

Apparently there's not supposed to be one as RTE said they weren't showing episodes of Fair City on Bank Holiday weekends anymore due to poor ratings.

Yet the Fair City site lists an episode for Sunday 4th August but I don't see it listed on any TV listings. :confused:

There's no episode this Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

First we have Rachel imitating Dorothy now we have Leo doing a deadly Moe from the Simpsons. Gee - FC is more like "Stars in Their Eyes" now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement